BNY Mellon is a Global Financial Services company focused on servicing and managing clients- financial assets. Operating across 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets, a leading provider to a number of institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals. Custody services is considered as the biggest global institution with over 35 trillion dollars under management. BNYM has Technology with a global presence across the US (HQ), EMEA (Ireland, Poland) and APAC (India).
Compliance and Legal Technology supports the Compliance, Operational Risk, and Legal functions as part of our global Corporate Technology organization. This position is within our Legal Technology organization which is responsible for supporting our global Legal and Corporate Security organizations. You will be joining a team of technologists that provides a full spectrum of solutions including creating internally developed software and managing and enhancing vendor products in support of a unique line of business. Our application space contains typical software development but ranges as wide as supporting the global infrastructure responsible for the security of the Bank-s offices and datacenters.
Integrated Delivery Team Model or how we work?
- Team is involved in the delivery of new solutions/systems (greenfield development) identified by business users focusing on solutions that carry specific benefits (reduction of vendor license fees, headcount reductions etc..). Initial problem domain is solving deficiencies in processing of corporate actions.
- Operating as a -feature team-, all responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions with external assistance provided when delivery obstacles are encountered.
- We promote and utilize an Agile SCRUM framework to allow for incremental development of new components, systems.
- The team is focused on delivering, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and looking to review working practices on a regular basis to utilize best in class standards and software toolsets.
- Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning critical part of the team-s culture.
- We deliver solutions following the Microservices architecture principles
- We strive for excellence in order to deliver best quality products (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate Java developer with strong people and problem-solving skills, flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving their comfort zone to build new proof-of-concepts and think creatively
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset, with the ability to articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.