Overview Our Team
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients- unique needs to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand their ability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world.
Asset Servicing Technology Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services teams runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. The Role
We are seeking an Application Support Analyst.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations.
- Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.
- leads the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation.
- Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• 4 plus years of experience in software support and development required
• Experience in Tech SLA management and Prod critical issues monitoring, escalation and resolution.
• Exposure in ServiceNow Portal or REMEDY systems and change management procedures.
• Exposure on SOA / API based S/W development using Java, Spring Boot and REST.
• Exposure on Container based development and deployment in Linux platforms.
• Exposure in Kafka messaging system.
• Preferred knowledge on Python.
• Preferred knowledge on CI/CD pipeline setup and end to end automation for Build, test and deployment.
• Preferred knowledge on Data Base development using Oracle in Linux/Unix Platforms
• Preferred knowledge on Mutual Funds domain & any Fund Accounting Platforms.
• Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies and experience with Scrum framework.
Assists in maintaining and supporting applications and their operating environments. Responds to alerts and follows standard procedures and documentation for issue resolution. Monitors applications and respond to incidents. Perform routine health checks and validations after changes or significant incidents. Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting for more complex issues. Escalate to second level application or infrastructure support when necessary. Implement automation for routine tasks. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 4-6 years of experience in applications support or production environment required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus