PM/Scrum Master opening (direct hire) for local financial company in San Diego.
This role requires someone to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Client requires employees onsite to be fully vaccinated. Please send resume to for consideration.
As Project Manager:
• Develops complex project plans and schedules, detailed activities lists and work effort assessment; short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players. Leads cross-functional teams, plans and facilitates meetings, prepares progress reports, conducts post-implementation reviews, documents lessons learned and overall project success and deficiencies.
• Delegates tasks and responsibility to a wide variety of staff at different levels of the organization, including management. Directs, trains and supports team members to explain project objectives and individual roles and responsibilities. Provides feedback to managers on performance.
• Monitors projects that require high levels of integration between numerous departments and/or third parties such as vendors, service providers and contractors. Evaluates performance and ensures conformance to terms of the contractual agreement. Serves as primary liaison and provides feedback to management, staff and subcontractors.
• Manages dependencies, deliverables, critical path and quality elements throughout the life cycle of projects that span multiple functions, departments, locations, vendors and processes. Assesses and analyzes risks and problems; develops and implements effective solutions to overcome obstacles, solve problems and mitigate risks. Oversees testing and quality control, development of test plans, scripts, and schedules. Assesses results and tracks issues and defects to resolution.
• Develops and guides use of standard project management processes, tools and methodology. Mentors staff in the application of standard project management methodology. Ensures required project data and information are maintained in the project management systems.
• Evaluates proposed modifications to project scope, schedule or budget and influences stakeholders to control changes. Facilitates approved modifications to the project plan. Works with functional areas to resolve schedule and resource conflicts.
• Researches and analyzes current and evolving technology, products and services to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements that have a significant impact on time, labor costs, direct costs, member service and satisfaction.
As Scrum Master
• Conducts Scrum Ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings).
• Facilitates the team's Sprint Planning based on prioritized stories, team capacity and historical velocity trends.
• Ensures candidate stories for the sprint are playable (estimated, sized, and prioritized).
• Mitigates risks that may destabilize the team. Proactively anticipates, recognizes and detects items that may distract the team from completing the sprint.
• Facilitates Steering Committee Meetings to determine request prioritization
• Diagnose, understand, and facilitate team dynamics to optimize team performance and remove blocks that may hinder sprint success
• Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
• Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT
Other Education, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, IT or related discipline
• PMP and CSM Certifications preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of Project Management Experience and 5+ years of Scrum Master Experience.
• Must work independently to manage by broad instructions, objectives and policies. Every project is unique and requires considerable judgment, broad knowledge of financial industry and extensive management experience to develop approaches, identify risks and resolve problems.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at