A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is in search of an IAM Analyst II
to join their team in Cypress, CA.
This is a full-time direct hire
Identity & Access Management Analyst I I Location:
Cypress, CA (Remote Start) Duration:
Full Time JOB SUMMARY
The Identity and Access Management Analyst II is responsible for performing day-to-day user provisioning, security related duties and researching, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving medium complexity problems for Active Directory/Windows, Exchange, Azure, M365, VMS, UNIX, Okta, and a variety of other applications including ERP systems. This role will require creating and disabling user accounts, creating mailboxes and distribution lists, setting file permissions, performing password resets, performing SOX compliant auditing, facilitating remediation of audit findings, and any related duties in support of user account and audit/security administration. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Identity and Access Management - Maintains and administers user security.
- Perform day-to-day user provisioning and security related duties for Active Directory/Windows, Exchange, Azure, M365, VMS, UNIX, Okta, and a variety of other applications including ERP systems
- Perform user account administration i.e., creating/disabling network system accounts, resetting passwords, creating mailboxes and distribution list, setting file permissions etc.
- Ensure all access is in accordance with policies to ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and IT controls
- Ensure approvals are obtained and documented as required
- Provide 2nd tier support for security auditing tools and SSO applications such as Okta, Dayforce, CRM, and Box
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation, and development of user security procedures
- Troubleshoot and assist in resolution of user access issues
- Research, analyze and resolve medium complexity problems, escalating issues as appropriate
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Service - Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers by listening, understanding, and responding to their needs.
- Provide service to internal and external customers to satisfy their needs and expectations
- Listen to concerns and resolve reported issues effectively and promptly
- Ensure and comply to customer response timeline (SLAs) based on the severity of reported issues including documenting concise and accurate status information in the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Anticipate customer's needs and move to effectively address issues
- Establish proactive relationship with customers; includes providing education to clients as appropriate
- Deliver high quality solutions
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge and train other staff members to support cross-functionality within the department and be willing to perform as back up for teammates when work absences occur.
- Assist personnel in other RTS departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- 2+ years of broad IT experience working within a large enterprise required
- 2+ years of experience performing user provisioning duties and security administration in Active Directory, Unix, and other Operating Systems and applications required
- Experience provisioning accounts in business applications and experience with "green screen" applications a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent customer service Skills
- Strong time-management skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation's fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.