Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our passion.
Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world's leading automobile manufacturers and the largest car maker in Europe. The Group comprises of twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, KODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.
Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC) is becoming the epicenter of vehicle electronics expertise in North America. Comprised of twelve teams, the IECC works with researchers and development teams in the US, Germany and across the globe. We're a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and psychologists looking to develop innovations for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain. Our mission is to drive change which means we are not only impacting one of the world's largest car makers, but also the lives of millions of people. Are you ready to join us?
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
The ICC and Global Group Innovation projects are pushing the limits of backend infrastructure for a range of purposes, including developing scalable machine learning infrastructure as well as scaling realtime mobility services to millions of clients. To support this, the ICC is adding backend developers to build and evolve these capabilities and ultimately help with the transition to production within Volkswagen Group brands. Backend developers appropriate for this role will be driven self-starters and have experience with some/all of the following tools/environments/techniques:
• Experience developing scalable, robust, secure software in public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), including managed and unmanaged services as well as key APIs and frameworks.
• Proficiency with relevant programming languages and paradigms (Java, Python, Golang, Scala, OOP, functional programming, SQL and no-SQL databases, concurrency, sharding, etc.)
• Experience with container-based development and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience with key CI/CD principles and technologies
• Mastery of key development tools such as git, and familiarity with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence or similar
• Scoping work, with focus ranging from rapid prototyping to production readiness.
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.