Role : Desktop Support / Helpdesk Technician
Location: Philadelphia PA
This position reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations. The Lab Information technician\Desktop support analyst will be a critical role in the Philly office supporting the on-site Iovance staff and other US based Iovance offices remotely. The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership, troubleshooting, communication and customer service skills. The position will spend half of the time helping with IT needs in the Lab & R&D areas and the other half in addressing helpdesk tickets. This position would be IT boots on ground for all users in Philly and east coast region.
- Act as IT administrator on various IT systems in Lab, R&D and Quality areas and execute tasks like but not limited to setting up systems, users, roles, access levels, user onboarding training etc.
- Provide tier-2 support of application incidents reported through the help desk in the Lab, R&D and Quality systems
- Work with application vendors and provide assistance to resolve application incidents, maintenance items, and enhancement requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of Lab, R&D & Quality applications in production use.
- Lead small to medium complexity software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases.
- Implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with department's policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of low to medium complexity issues and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
- Ensure data is backed in the Lab and R&D systems and we have a robust business data backup and recovery process implemented.
- Work with business users in developing and maintaining requirements/specifications and test cases for new or enhanced functionality to department applications
- Participate in the installation and support of hardware and peripherals
- Provide support for planned and unplanned downtimes
- Anticipates problems, provides solutions to complex problems with the necessary priorities, and presents the solution to the business partners.
- Builds relationships with the business partners (Researchers, scientists, biologists, chemists & other Lab\ R&D users) and presents ideas clearly and concisely.
- Perform or participate in analysis of systems/applications/databases and in the coordination of implementation and maintenance plans, including troubleshooting issues
- Assist in developing department education materials and training of core users of the current laboratory system
- Serve as primary IT contact for the Lab & other R&D systems ensuring both vendor and internal activities are on track through well-defined action plans and communication.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of managing IT Systems in Lab\R&D\Biotech industry setup
- Experience in implementing information systems for laboratory operations a strong plus
- Documented experience in supporting Laboratory Information Systems preferred
- Knowledge of GMP, quality systems and regulatory standards requirements for Pharma industry.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
- Strong Break / Fix skills with desktops, workstations, notebooks, printers and handhelds.
- Broad experience of IT with strong understanding of networks, servers and telecoms.
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer service to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to mentor or provide best practices to other members of the team.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- The ability to work in a flexible, team-oriented environment is required.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices.
- Ability to lift/move computer equipment weighing up to 50 Lbs.
- Lab computer experience is a strong plus.
- Validation experience to FDA CFR 21 Part 11 requirements. Ability to support a GxP environment with related GMP procedures.
Preferred/Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- College degree: BS in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Sunray Enterprise, Inc.