77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Director, Software Engineering (Mobile)
As a Capital One Senior Director of Software Engineering, you'll guide development on award-winning, customer-servicing mobile and web applications using a combination of native languages, open source frameworks, and internally developed tools. These applications will run against highly-available RESTful cloud based microservices, feed and consume streaming data repositories, and use ML and AI to bring the right experience to the right customer at the right time. You bring an innovative mind, exceptional communication, teamwork, a proven track record of delivering new software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software solutions.
In this role, you'll need the ability and business acumen to partner with business clients in a way that inspires them to challenge the status quo, and to provide an inspiring and compelling working environment that allows your engineering team to push the digital boundaries within the Financial Services industry. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Swift 5.0, Xcode 12.1, Kotlin 1.4.21, Android Studio 4.2.2, node.js, Java, GO, Angular 11, React, Python, JSON, XML, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud infrastructure, to name just a few.For this role, you will:
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product-focused software engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers in your team
- Engage with business leaders to define strategic imperatives and execute roadmaps that create original digital customer products and services
- Work with product owners to define and understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios while continuously improving software engineering practices
- Work within and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of industry leading development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your teams products and solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work across the organization to improve the velocity of your and other teams
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures and build new microservices
- Leverage and and contribute to the open source community
- Partner with leaders across the company to architect, design and develop enterprise platforms, including large scale data and machine learning applications
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years' experience in people management
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years' of experience in software development
- 7+ years' of experience in Agile practices
- 3+ years experience using AWS
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).