Senior Program Analyst - Navy VA, Arlington 22202 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen, Current Security Clearance, Secret Skills: Navy, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, Program Analysis, Readiness, Reporting, DRRS-N, IFFR, JFFR, QRRC, OPNAV
We are recruiting for a Senior Program Analyst to provide Navy readiness analysis, integration, and reporting in support of OPNAV N83. Qualified candidates will have a military background and be independent thinkers willing to roll-up one's sleeves and dig in to analysis to produce and present high-level work products. The scope of the work includes modeling and simulation based analysis and managing budgeting, cost tracking/analyses, warfare analysis, project scheduling/tracking, and logistics requirements analysis. The primary work location is the Pentagon. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide analysis in support of developing integrated Navy readiness reports, or special topic reviews of Navy readiness topics of leadership interest.
- Provide analysis of policy impacts on Navy readiness based on extensive knowledge of Fleet operations and Navy maintenance policy and procedures.
- Provide analysis of readiness trends and impacts to support Fleet operations based on extensive knowledge of Fleet operations and Navy maintenance policy and procedures.
- Provide analysis of information from the Defense Readiness Reporting System-Navy (DRRS-N) family of systems, and reporting required by the Navy under the Chairman's Readiness System, including the Joint Forces Readiness Review (JFRR) and Quarterly Readiness Report for Congress (QRRC).
- Provide readiness related analytical support and reports to various levels of chain of command, including the CNO, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), and Congress.
- Provide analysis of quarterly Integrated Fleet Readiness Reports (IFFR), Joint Force Readiness Reviews, OSD Readiness Recovery Framework (or successor), and Quarterly Readiness Report to Congress and related products.
- Provide technical and integration support for short and long term achievement of CNO goals related to operations and maintenance readiness, business transformation, and strategic planning.
- Provide analysis in support of OPNAV Warfighting Readiness
- Experience working with cross-functional Team assessments and product development.
- Assess the contributions and shortfalls of readiness pillars (PESTONI) supporting warfighting plans and mission areas.
- Identify areas where funding adjustments can improve overall posture of warfighting readiness in support of POM development.
- Support coordination between N83, N8 and other key OPNAV, Joint Staff, and OSD readiness stakeholder organizations.
- Apply project management techniques to support development of integrated readiness analysis or Readiness related special projects.
- Develop schedules, presentations, and written communications that facilitate integrated readiness or special readiness topic analysis.
- Draft executive level correspondence with quality suitable for Navy, DON, DOD, and Joint Staff Leaders and congressional members and staff.
- Maintain a repository of readiness related products to support readiness messaging integration.
- U.S. citizenship
- Current Secret clearance (at a minimum)
- Bachelor's degree in operations research or technical area preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience presenting briefings and reports
- 10+ years of experience supporting NAVSEA programs is desired, but experience from other Navy readiness areas will be considered
- Prior experience supporting OPNAV N3/5, N4, or N8 experience and with a Surface, Subs, or Aviation line officer background
- Solid understanding of the Navy structure, maintenance periods, and readiness cycles
- Understanding of Navy technical programs and ability to conduct technical analysis, fuse data, and drawing conclusions
- Experience with modeling and simulation based analysis and managing budgeting, cost tracking/analyses, warfare analysis, project scheduling/tracking, and logistics requirements analysis.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office including extensive Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Experience supporting working group meetings and preparing/presenting information, as requested
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 571-333-2151.
For more information please visit us at www.tallonrs.com .