Senior Manager of Cyber Security Operations Terms:
Contract to hire. The goal of this position is to transition to full time. Client is unable to provide sponsorship. Summary:
The SOC Sr Manager is responsible for maintaining the SOC in a high state of readiness 24 hours, 7 days a week. The role will manage the in-house and co-sourced SOC staff to dispatch resources to both emergent and non-emergent situations, support planned and unplanned operations, and provide real-time decision making for ongoing incidents as they occur.
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- The ability to explain technical threats to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to exercise composure and professionalism while managing both crisis and non-crisis situations
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership skills both within your team and across interdisciplinary teams
- A strong sense of ownership for the protection of the company
- Responsible for expanding Security Operations Center team capabilities by adding Digital Forensics, Network Deception and improving Cyber Incident Reponses, while reducing the mean time to respond.
- Drive a cross-functional team with e-Commerce to proactively defend our sites.
- Manage both an on-site team of employees, contractors and interns, plus the relationship with an external managed security service provider, including contract and service negotiation and service level agreements
- Provide training to global IT resources on end-point detect and response tools to aid on-site incident response, digital forensic evidence preservation, and threat remediation
- Serves as a Code of Conduct officer for IT
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related field of study.
- A minimum of three years' experience in increasingly responsible positions in management security operations centers.
- Strong in-depth understanding of various versions of Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix operation systems
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking
- One or more relevant security certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, CISM, etc.)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org