Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research's open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 467
Riverside Research is seeking a Program Manager to oversee its satellite collection planning application development team! We are a R&D organization with core competencies in modeling and simulation; orchestrated space and airborne planning; mission resilience; ISR systems engineering; novel collection techniques; and sensor technology. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate software development and sustainment projects across multiple teams. The Program Manager will oversee intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) collection planning capabilities from strategy, implementation, technical delivery, and transition of cutting-edge commercial technologies. This position will be responsible for all management functions involving planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure our software solutions are integrated, tested, documented, and delivered using Agile practices.
You will bring to the team your sharp business mind, excellent leadership, and the proven ability to manage technical staff, consultants, and sub-contractors to produce software solutions in a cost-effective, timely manner. The incumbent will support other development efforts to include the promotion of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, and collection orchestration along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of intelligence programs in support of national security.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship. Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the customer, cross-functional teams, and assigned engineers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, resources, work plan, budget, and schedule
- Lead, mentor, evaluate, train, and coach a software development team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Apply Agile development practices and effectively participate in Scrum meetings
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Execute with minimal oversight program management duties, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining work plans and timelines, tracking and managing program budgets, preparing status reports/briefs, and ensuring program status is communicated to all stakeholders
- Assess program issues and develop resolutions to meet schedule, quality, and quantity customer goals
- Identify and capture new business or growth opportunities to expand business portfolio
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be clearable (able to obtain and maintain a clearance up to the TS/SCI CI Poly level)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g., computer science, engineering, mathematics)
- 5+ years in project management with software related projects
- Recent experience with Agile project management methodologies, Scrum framework, and a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Thorough understanding of U.S. Government and/or IC contract program management techniques and methods
- Experience managing complex projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities with distributed teams
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
- Active TS with SCI eligibility within the last 2 years (able to obtain CI Poly) OR Active TS/SCI CI Poly
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and satellite modeling, preferably in the domain of collection planning
- Understanding of cloud-based software solutions and other technologies such as cyber security, AI/ML, etc.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: