Senior Cloud Engineer
This company is a digital identity network that provides secure identity proofing, authentication and group affiliation verification for government and businesses across sectors. They are currently in search of a Senior Cloud Engineer, someone with a combination of experience with: AWS migration experience, AWS technologies (S3, IAM, EC2, ECS etc.), IaC tools, CICD, and Centos. They are located in Tysons, VA but are remote friendly. Full-Time position can pay 190k-250k DOE and a great work culture.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be working on a growing Cloud Engineering team. The ideal candidate is a seasoned engineer who is highly motivated to serve as a cloud SME to help design, develop and through time maintain the systems that allow the company to grow. Ensuring that the cloud infrastructure is running in high performance, resilient, secure, and observable. What You Will Be Doing:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Lead a team to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient infrastructure
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and develop automation for maintenance tasks and upgrades of database clusters and services
- Plan and lead complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Help define and iterate on processes to increase cloud engineering capabilities
- Maintain an audit-ready posture, and automate controls for security, compliance, and auditability
- Strong background with AWS technologies (CLI, Aurora, S3, IAM, EC2, ECS, ECR, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda, Route53, SQS, SNS, CodeDeploy)
- Experience with containers (Docker) building easy-to-use development environments
- Understanding of cloud-based application and infrastructure security best practices
- Understanding of Linux administration (Centos)
- Understanding of IaC/orchestration tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Understanding of CI/CD and build toolchains (Terraform, Code Pipeline, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Experience managing and fine tuning persistence services, such as RDBMS (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Understanding of observability tools (New Relic, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, etc)
Competitive Salary- 190k-250k DOE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position doesn't provide sponsorship.