One of the leading global energy companies, in the United States, is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be contributing to the team's deployment and infrastructure. This will be done through Kubernetes-related code and scripts while managing automated systems for code compilation, testing, and deployment. The position is full-time and 100% remote.
Within this position, you will be part of a global organization while working with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. The company is seeking a DevOps Engineer ideally coming from a background of SaaS/Cloud applications (Google Cloud Platform), Docker, Kubernetes, TCP/IP Networks, and one programming/scripting language.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Mechanical), or I.T.
- Expertise developing and using infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with at least one programming/scripting language
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile development environment using common tools such as JIRA and Git
- Experience with setting up and managing VPN deployments
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP Networks
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge or interest in electrical concepts, power grids, renewable or green energy
- Ability to embrace a fast-moving environment and comfortable with quickly adapting to changing priorities
What You Will Be Doing
- Maintain the mission- critical production environments in Google Cloud and Google Kubernetes Engine
- Deploy and configure Linux- based power plant controllers
- Support staging and testing environments used by the software engineers
- Help design or troubleshoot on-site, or cloud connected networks
- Design and document cybersecurity policies
- Communicate with the project delivery teams and customer network engineers to help resolve issues
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) match
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.