Job#: 1272293 Job Description: If you are interested in hearing or learning more about this position, please email your resume and the best times to connect to Sara Valle at Change/Configuration/Release Manager
CACI is seeking a Change/Configuration/Release Manager to join our technical operations team on a contract supporting Department of Homeland Security. The Change/Configuration/Release Manager is primarily focused on planning, analyzing, and coordinating IT infrastructure change/configuration/release management activities for the enterprise network in a 24/7/365 environment. What You'll Get to Do:
Serve as a Change/Configuration/Release Manager responsible for identifying, organizing and control software and hardware configuration changes. Responsibilities include:
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Leads the change management planning, communication, training, and execution to support successful implementation.
- Identify and maintain the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software, and related documentation.
- Document and maintain the Enterprise Engineering Division (EED) technical baseline.
- Manage and maintain the EED Application Lifecycle Management tools (Service Now CMDB, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint).
- Plan, execute, control, measure, monitor and report on all configuration management activities impacting EED's business applications and infrastructure systems.
- Participate in the Change Review Board, Technical Review Board, and Configuration Control Board.
- Develop, document and maintain the Release Management lifecycle for hardware, systems, and applications.
- Identify and assist with application updates, OS patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades across the enterprise.
- Develop and provide weekly release reporting, deployment plans, run books, and implementation plans.
- Work with engineering to understand impacts or potential impacts, and manage risks as a result of the configuration changes and/or releases.
- Interface and communicate regularly with dev and test to provide feedback.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry On Duty (EOD) - Active EOD preferred
- BA/BS + 8 years of applicable experience
- Experience performing change, configuration, and release management activities within the DOD or a Federal Agency
- Ability to facilitate and work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong focus on customer interaction
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner and success working in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience in IT systems operations environment
- Experience using Service Now service management software (or similar tool)
- Previous DHS or DoD experience
- Configuration, Change, and Release Management best practice and processes
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at