DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
The Systems Administrator (SA) shall effectively provision, install, configure and maintain systems hardware, software, and infrastructure. The SA shall have knowledge about a wide range of computers, networks and related software. The SA shall work with end users and develop knowledge of their unique tools and apply sound system principals to apply recommendations for solutions within the guidance of the requisite program management. The SA shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
This position is supporting the Quantico, VA
directly, along with remote support of other sites. Duties include troubleshooting/resolving systems (servers, storage, workstations) and communications issues, implementing new systems (servers, workstations), managing user accounts, and providing direct user support (including showing users how to use unique applications).
The customer we support is responsible for a specialized network which provides connectivity, applications, and access to digital forensics evidence laboratories across the United States. This contract supports these laboratories, including the main headquarters in Quantico, Virginia. Core functional support includes: Systems Administration and Engineering; Network Administration and Engineering; Virtualization Support; Active Directory Support; IT Logistics and Management Analyst Support. About the environment:
Position is M-F Day Shift except federal holidays
Parking is available onsite
Business Casual dress is acceptable Active Top Secret Clearance is required. Qualifications Education and Years of Experience:
- Five (5) plus years of experience maintaining, managing, administering, implementing Windows based servers and systems in a production environment
- Performs prompt, efficient, and professional support for their assigned sites, can track and report on the status of the work on assigned sites in their region
- Able to provide front line troubleshooting and support to users at their assigned sites and to users requesting support, and is able to utilize a background of strong and broad experience to resolve issues at their assigned sites and other users as necessary
- Create and maintain user accounts
- Able to articulate the problems and resolutions to management.
- Support roles for multiple end-user sites, both locally and remotely
- Proficient in using Microsoft's System Center components to monitor health and configuration of their assigned resources in an automated method
- Create and maintain accounts for these users as required using provided tools
- Apply patches and updates to deployed equipment
- Update site baseline images on a regular basis as required by the appropriate System Security Plan (SSP) and in accordance with local management
- Manage tape backup server, tape backup library, and tape workstations used to archive user data and perform system backups
- Refilling the inventory of blank tapes, managing other than normal operations, and identifying and correcting unexpected situations
- Update and distribute baseline images and configurations to workstations
- Maintain, updated, and support provided IT systems
- Recognize failed hardware such as hard drives, power supplies; components, or entire servers
- Follow detailed instructions to identify, troubleshoot, and replace faulty equipment
- Monitor systems
- Complete Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Checklists and other reports as assigned
- Provide proactive support to assigned sites
- Provide effective, timely, and helpful customer support to users of networks
- Maintain cloud (examples: Azure, AWS) infrastructure systems
- Maintain on premise cloud (examples: Azure, AWS, OpenStack) infrastructure systems
- Configure and monitor Microsoft (current Version) DNS Server and DHCP Server
- Maintain Skype for Business Server and client installations
- Configure and monitor systems/servers utilizing Windows Admin Center, Failover Cluster Manager tools, Remote Server Administrative Tools (RSAT)
- Utilize scripting languages, mainly but not limited to PowerShell, to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services.
Location and other information:
- Experience with Windows 2016, Storage Spaces Direct, SQL, VMware, Cloud, and Citrix XenDesktop is *strongly* preferred
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- Location is Detroit, MI
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Transportation: Onsite parking is not available. Limited street parking or public garage parking in area. Recommend mass transit - Metrorail (Blue, Green, Orange, Silver, Yellow, Red all nearby), Metrobus, carpool/slugging
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
No Physical requirement needed for this position Location:
Quantico, VA Working at DMI
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.