• The incumbent is expected to successfully complete the course curriculum for BlueCross' IT Entry-Level Training Program (ELTP).
• On-call will be required for some positions.
- 50% Participate in all classroom activities, including individual and group assignments.
- 25% Participate in all field activities, including individual and group assignments.
- 25% Complete all assignments, including tests, quizzes, projects, "homework", etc. Complete all activities and assignments required to successfully complete the ELTP.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other IT job-related field obtainedprior toMay 31, 2022, OR
- Associates degree in Computer Science or other IT-job related field obtainedprior toMay 31, 2022 plustwo years of job-related IT experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Demonstrated initiative in recent extracurricular activities/studies related to IT.
Required Skills and Abilities
- IT internship experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under close supervision and as part of a team.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Able to complete assigned work in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Entry-Level Training Programs are comprehensive, including classroom and on-the-job training. Program duration is typically 16-22 weeks, depending on track.
- Everyone accepted intoELTP is expected to successfully complete it.
- Upon completion, the incumbent will be a) assigned to a department where his or her skills will be put to use, b) expected to acquire additional knowledge and skills and c) reclassified to the entry-level position appropriate for his or her area.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.