This opportunity is with an outstanding Dallas corporation in the Transportation / Logistics industry seeking a Sr Project Manager responsible for the on boarding and implementation of their TMS software for their client Corporations.
Looking for a Project Manager with experience managing Software Implementation projects. Work with external and internal customers and team members to ensure alignment on the project schedule and ensure that deliverables are completed on time and meet the customer s expectations. You will work with the team to develop various status reports and escalate risks as appropriate.
Manage the Software Implementation and Onboarding from start to finish including HR tasks, IT tasks, set up of customer on the Software, testing, training and Hypercare at the completion of the implementation. The software manages the Transportation Management and Transportation Services for Corporations. Implementations ranges from 20 months to up to 3 years.
- Initiate processes to kick-off a new customer on-boarding project
- Work with the team to solidify scope
- Ensure expectations around deliverables are mutually understood
- Facilitate meetings (customer-facing and internal) using best practices
- Lead the process of issue identification and resolution
- Obtain customer approvals on required artifacts (Detailed Future State, Financial Future State, Reporting Requirements, etc.)
- Manage the risk tracking process
- Manage project scope, and when changes are identified, follow the defined process
- Monitor team member time tracking
- Keep project artifacts updated
- Develop and maintain milestone chart
- Develop and maintain full project schedule
- Ensure on-boarding charges are appropriately billed to the customer
- Periodically develop report of project financials for Executives
- Develop project status reports and review with the internal team and customer
- Capture project lessons learned
- Use collaboration tool for all project document storage
- Distribute project survey and compile results
- Transition residual responsibilities / tasks to the long-term group
Adapt to / Improve project guidelines:
- On-Boarding Process
- Team Best Practices & Guidelines
- Suggest changes / improvements in the appropriate context
- Senior level Project Management experience
- Experience managing projects for external clients/customers (i.e. consultant type background - Highly preferred
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Transportation industry experience is highly preferred (TMS, shipping, trucking, logistics etc)
- Able to manage multiple, related projects to ensure overall alignment of initiatives.
- PMP Certification
- Relationship management
- Understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Advanced functions of MS Office products including: Word, Excel, Project, etc
RedRiver offers benefits including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and 401k. More positions @: http://redriversystems.com/jobs/#/jobs RedRiver Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.