When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You'll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture. Hybrid (on-site Tues, Wed, Thurs only)
We are seeking an experienced Test Architect. This is a Automation Lead position in the New Business QA team. The qualified individual will drive the QA automation effort by working with project/delivery stakeholders and end-to-end testers. Will work with other test leads and COE team to optimize testing and improve software quality for the overall organization. In addition, the test lead will ensure standards and guidelines set forth by the QA CoE are followed while aiding the Manager in establishing a baseline of QA team performance, monitoring overall delivery metrics and ensuring the function is continually improving year over year. Key Responsibilities:
- Providing technical leadership for Automation testing. Leading automation test team, provide technical leadership in design & architecture of automation framework
- QA Automation Architect will have complete ownership for preparing test automation solution, designing automation frameworks and lead the implementation of test strategy, test plans & test execution of the product
- Create test estimates and define/build reusable testing assets for large/complex projects
- Develop and implement test automation frameworks
- Provide technical leadership and support the creation of complex tests
- Advise the customer on innovative testing products and solutions
- UI and API level test automation expertise
- High knowledge and master in current testing tools & techniques
- Supports automation script development and the optimization of those scripts.
- Recommends new tools, techniques and methodologies needed to enhance productivity and quality.
- Collaborate with product/business teams with NYL to strategize & align long term solution for test automation including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
- Must be extremely detail and technology oriented and possess excellent communications skills.
BS in Computer Science/Engineering preferred but not required if someone has adequate work experience and the skills for the role Required Skills/Knowledge:
- Possess extensive knowledge & experience in automating applications in Cloud, Distributed, Mainframe and highly integrated complex environments
- Good proficiency in programming languages like Java, .Net, C# , python. would be preferable
- Expert in automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium
- Expert with test automation tools/framewroks such as Selenium/WebDriver, UI Path, Cucumber, BDD/TDD frameworks
- Good knowledge in databases - Oracle , Postgres , SQL queries would be preferable
- Experience with web service technology like XML, REST, SOAP , XML validations
- Experience in building/developing CI/CD pipeline
- Experience developing test frameworks and test cases using open source & in-house test frameworks is preferred
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 86942