Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other engineers as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Why you'll love this job:
The Principal Platform Engineer is responsible for design analysis, documentation, testing, implementation and support for the z/OS Operating System, Third Party Products, UNIX System Services environment, and System Automation.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform design analysis, documentation, testing, implementation and support for the infrastructure mainframe systems environment
- Install and manage mainframe software deployments in a highly granular SYSPLEX environment
- Maintain high quality and consistency of systems software and automation processes
- Complete assignments by due dates, without detailed supervision
- Participate in team on-call coverage rotation, which includes tactical systems administration and provide weekend support
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; advances appropriately
- Participate in disaster recovery tests (on weekends)
- Actively engage in strategic goals for mainframe engineering, the department and organization
- Provide input and follow-through for continuous improvement to mainframe systems engineering processes and procedures
- Maintain and enhance hardware configuration via HCD and perform basic HMC functions
- Perform level 1 network fix for mainframe applications
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years System Programmers experience in an IBM z/OS environment.
- Knowledge in REXX and Automation programming experience.
- Ability to identify and manage IT risk
- COBOL and C/C++ knowledge a plus
- Solid background in mainframe systems automation planning and design
- Working knowledge of performance monitoring tools, especially Mainview
- Working knowledge of z/OS UNIX System Services in z/OS environments
- HTML, Java, Java Script, C, C++ and UNIX shell programming a plus
- Familiarity operating systems (i.e. Windows, UNIX, LINUX) a plus
Who We Are:
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing clarity and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.