Title: Battery Validation Engineer
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of Battery Validation Engineer. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
The Battery State Estimation Data Engineer will support battery testing, validation, and development activities related to the family of next-generation xEV powertrains and batteries. The candidate will perform tasks in analyzing, mining, processing, and tracking the increasing amount of battery and cell test data generated during the course of product development, testing, and validation. This includes data for cell/battery model development such as equivalent circuit modeling, and validation data of battery state estimation algorithms. The candidate will be involved in multiple vehicle programs to deal with a broad range of data, i.e. cell level, pack-level, vehicle-level, and fleet-level.
- Process and analyze battery data such as battery/cell performance data, drive cycle testing, capacity/energy tests, cell characterization tests (HPPC, OCV), and battery state estimation SOx validation for state-charge (SOC), state-of-power (SOP) limits, and battery state of health (SOH) estimation.
- Support data regression, statistical analysis, and parameter fitting functions related to battery/cell data, voltage/temperature response modes, and age modeling.
- Perform target deep-dive analysis of (historical) battery data to support root-cause analysis of battery state estimation related issues.
- Deliver reports to department Engineers on battery test and analysis activities
- Generate automated graphical test reports to support validation, analysis, and verification of battery software functions such as battery state estimation, cell balancing, and sensor measurement processing.
- Coordinate with various test labs for characterization and validation testing activities.
- Provide as needed battery data analysis/processing/simulations to support production program design release activities
- Process SOx Validation data from Model-in-the-loop (MIL), Hardware-in-Loop (HIL), Pack and Vehicle level testing
- Perform as needed data collection activities using software tools such as CANalyzer, INCA, and Matlab.
- Bachelor in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Two years of experience in data analysis/processing/mining
- Knowledge of parameter fitting, optimization, and data regression methods
- Working knowledge of Battery Management Systems
- Excellent Matlab scripting skills or other languages e.g. Octave, Python
- Effective graphical presentation, interpersonal, and time management skills to engage development and testing teams/personnel
- Masters of Applied Science in Electrical/Control/Computer/Software Engineering, Masters in Computer Science, or related discipline with Battery Management System experience at a nationally accredited institution
- Prior experience with of battery management systems mechatronics and software functions, battery/cell modeling and characterization methods
- General knowledge of xEV vehicle and powertrains
- Expertise in statistical analysis, signal processing, simulations, regression, optimization, machine learning, big data analysis
- Prior experience with battery/cell lab test equipment and xEV vehicle testing and DVP&R procedures
- Knowledge of battery algorithms such as estimation of State-Of-Charge, State-Of-Health (resistance/capacity), and State-Of-Power availability.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan at rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and/or contact her at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Battery Validation Engineer (MI).
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.