Aparments.com - Software Engineer
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment rental listing website, offering property, commuter, and neighborhood information for more than 1,000,000 available units nationwide. A CoStar Group subsidiary, the Apartments.com network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com. Reaching millions of renters worldwide, enabling both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters, Apartments.com is the fastest growing site within the residential rental industry.
CoStar's Senior Full-Stack Software Developers are responsible for architecting and building applications and platforms that operate on terabytes of data and scale to support the internal processes of our Company and process over a Billion dollars of revenue per year. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly effective API system.
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
- 2+ years of relational database design, MS SQL or MySQL programming and performance tuning experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Are you up for the challenge? BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and/or platforms that support back-office systems.
- 3+ years of deep .NET development (C#) development experience including cross platform communication technologies such as Microservices.
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are defect free and performant
- Experienced in application performance testing and unit testing strategies and implementation
- Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange ideas and introduce new technologies. Ability to build consensus among other technologists.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred).
- 5 years of experience
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of single page applications (SPA) using React or Angular.
- Demonstrates knowledge of HTML/DOM.
- Experience with AWS Management Console and AWS Services.
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing