Our client in the northwest suburbs has a need for a Supply Chain Analyst.
The main function of an Supply Chain Analyst is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. A typical production planner is responsible for reviewing and distributing production, work and shipment schedules and compiling reports on inventory levels, cost, etc.
- * Examine documents, materials and products, and monitor work processes in order to assess completeness, accuracy and conformation to standards and specifications.
- * Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- * Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
- *Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- * Revise production schedule, when required, due to design changes, labor or material shortages or other interruptions.
- * Distribute production schedules and work orders to departments.
- * Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- * Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor and materials.
- * Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- * Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- * Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping and production.
- * Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education/Experience: * High school diploma or GED required.
- **Needs to be advanced in Excel and preferably have skills in ExcelBI.
- Supports project manger in development, implementation and documentation of new reporting and analytic process needed to support multiple transportation projects.
- Supports project managers to collect, report or analyze data required to assess cost savings or performance to objectives established for each project.
Regularly meets with project managers, members of Transportion, Finance, IT, DC's and others as needed. Project Agile Supply Chain/ Transportation: Business Analyst
*Supports transformational transportation activities by developing, implementing and documenting new sustainable reporting and analytic processes.
*Participates directly in setting up new reporting capabilities and conducting analysis in partnership with a Project Manager
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at