BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job DescriptionResponsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer focused on Mulesoft and API layer has design, development, and maintenance responsibility for the firms API layer. This position will be a lead role, directly impacting the API layer design and implementation of the firm. The position provides exposure to many business units in a dynamic financial services firm. This role requires direct interaction with end users and excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Partner with Architecture to define and design an API layer for the firm to support data access and integration needs of our systems and business units that are scalable and built to industry best practices.
- Design, build, unit test, and maintain services within the API layer.
- Define, develop, and enforce all standards for API layer design, development, unit testing, and deployment.
- Align all architecture and design decisions with Boston Private's Architecture guidelines and standards.
- Drives process improvement changes to ensure high productivity and quality of services provided.
- Maintain high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality.
- Partner with Architecture and Data Management to understand current and future strategies and objectives.
- Define and enforce strict release management protocols, leveraging DevOps best practices, are followed and environments are kept up-to-date.
- 8+ years of experience with implementing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) using technologies like MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, webMethods, or TIBCO etc.
- S in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in building API and service layers.
- Designs and develops ESB/SOA/BPM middleware layers using tools like Mulesoft, ServiceMix, webMethods, TIBCO and J2EE concepts.
- Documents design specifications, troubleshoots and testing.
- Actively involved with requirement definition and analysis.
- Work closely with functional leads, product managers, and business analysts to understand integration requirements.
- Suggests innovative solutions to business problems/ processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, performance improvements, and better user experiences.
- Interacts well with other technical team leaders such as architects, testing, analysts, and release managers as a lead member of the development team in order to accomplish the business goal.
- Strong experience in XML, XSD, XSLT, SOAP/REST and web services.
- Solid understanding of the design patterns.
- Strong mentoring skills with excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow-through
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete tasks in a structured manner
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Development stack (ASP.NET Core, C#) preferred.
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) preferred.
- Experience in financial services is highly desired.
- Experience with modern software frameworks and repositories such as TFS, SVN and GitHub is preferred.
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.