Sr. Network Engineer - Data Center (Job Number:
2209929 ) Sr. Network Engineer - Data Center
Penske Logistics is looking for a Senior Network Engineer Data Center to join their team. This position will be an essential part of a highly dynamic IT organization that supports a rapidly expanding business. As a Senior Network Engineer at Penske Logistics, you'll have plenty of opportunities to work with new technologies and interact with business partners and customers to recommend and provide solutions.
This is a technical and leadership position, and you will frequently be able to make decisions on behalf of the organization. Within the company, there will be opportunities for advancement for a business-oriented technologist. If you want to work for an organization that values people, supports business growth, empowers you to make decisions, and provides variety in your daily deliverables and activities, you should apply for this position. Position Summary:
The primary responsibility of a Sr. Network Engineer Data Center is to provide day-to-day support for the Company's Wide Area (WAN), Local Area (LAN), and Data Center networks. To ensure maximum operability, they support, monitor, and maintain network hardware and WAN connectivity. The Sr. Network Engineer is in charge of installing and maintaining the networks at Penske Logistics (PL) locations. To ensure proper connectivity, they manage and administer the Company's Network Services such as DNS, SNMP, Cisco, and Aruba devices. The incumbent monitors network stability and performance and alerts management of underperforming sites. They take part in DR testing and keep detailed records of the primary and redundant network infrastructure. A Data Communications Engineer will work on a variety of projects with department or division-wide implications and impacts. Such efforts will necessitate cross-functional collaboration with IT groups.
They are responsible for developing project plans, timelines, milestones, goals, and ownership. The ability to participate in after-hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows is required for the position. Major Responsibilities: Technology:
- Manage, maintain, update, and support the company's WAN - MPLS, SDWAN, IPSEC, LAN - Field & Campus, and Data Center networks.
- Identify and resolve location network connectivity issues
- Understand and apply TCP/IP skills and IP address subnetting
- Manage traffic in and out of network hardware (routers) to ensure maximum utilization.
- Contribute to project development and planning.
- Identify, recommend, and implement solutions to meet the needs of customers.
- Manage projects from need identification to implementation and ongoing system/solution performance monitoring.
- Analyze system/software performance and adjust network specifications based on any identified issues
- Analyze network connectivity to ensure that hardware is being used to its full potential.
- Perform network analysis as well as disaster recovery planning and testing for the Company's WAN environment.
- Regularly communicate with client groups to determine needs
- Collaborate closely with the customer's leadership and project team during the scoping and option analysis phases.
- Manage projects and/or solutions in accordance with client group expectations.
- Associates degree required; advanced degrees preferred
- CCNP certification or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- 8 years of functional experience (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Knowledge and proficiency in the following hardware/software:
- Cisco networking hardware (Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, and WLSE) - Cisco operating systems (IOS, IOS/XE, and SDWAN)
- Access Points and Switches from Aruba Infoblox IP Management - DNS, DHCP, IPAM - Aruba Air Wave and Aruba Central
- SolarWinds SNMP Network Monitoring/Management Toolset
- MPLS Technologies - Implementations of Site-to-Site IPSEC VPNs
- Knowledge of BGP and EIGRP
- IP Addressing Methodologies
- Tools for monitoring bandwidth and circuits (i.e. NetFlow Tracker)
- Microsoft Office software (including Visio)
- Regular, predictable, and complete attendance is a required function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as needed, work the required schedule, work at the required location, complete the Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (including previous employment, education, and criminal history), and drug testing is required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain
information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning, and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. #DICE Work Locations
3000 Auburn Dr 3000 Auburn Dr
Beachwood, OH 44122 Primary Location
: United States-Ohio-Beachwood Job
: Information Technology Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):
: PL.Senior Communications Engineer Req ID: