Cloud System Engineer 3
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that is responsible for cloud systems, on-prem infrastructure and services needed to bridge cloud and on-prem architecture. The person in this role helps configure cloud platforms, codes, and manages APIs or applications related to cloud deployments, and integrates applications with cloud services. In addition, the Cloud Engineer maintains these systems on a day-to-day basis and is available for 24x7 support as scheduled. This role responds to escalated service requests, implements approved production changes, and participates in incident resolution.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide input to strategic plans and product road maps with a focus on cloud products.
- Code APIs to work with cloud systems and when required to help bridge on-prem systems and applications with the cloud.
- Code applications designed to work with or enhance features offered by cloud platforms.
- Translate architectural requirements into PaaS, IaaS and server less solutions.
- Deploy and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems.
- Implement and control data flow to and from cloud service providers.
- Assist in the evaluating and enablement of measures to protect cloud system from security compromise and to keep the system safe.
- Plan and perform approved scheduled and emergency maintenance where cloud products have been customized or configured. This includes documenting the maintenance and following the change management process, including approving documented change requests.
- Respond to escalated incidents and engage vendors, as necessary. Identify, track, and resolve associated problems.
- Author and maintain documentation and knowledge-based articles.
- Adhere to all security guidelines and ensure that systems are properly protected with working backups; ensure all others with access are doing the same.
- Perform general research to evaluate a range of cloud product offerings, new cloud features, and emerging trends.
- Identify and document technical application, architectures, and requirements.
- Order, provision and configure supporting systems and infrastructure.
- Interact with vendors and provide feedback on their products that influences their product roadmap.
- Participate in the design and implementation of supporting systems and infrastructure.
- Update shared knowledge resources.
- Document the steps required to fulfill service requests.
- Ensure system monitoring is properly tuned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- Cloud Certified DevOps Engineer Associate or Solutions Architect Associate preferred
- 4 years relevant system administration experience in a large structured operational environment
- 2 years cloud computing and development experience
- Core cloud services from AWS (AWS Security, Compute, Storage, Analytics, Messaging, Monitoring)
- Azure DevOps, including Pipelines.
- Virtualization and containers
- Experience engineering solutions in various cloud platforms
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts like DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls (AWS Networking)
- Experience in operations
- Knowledge of networking concepts
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com