When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Business Anaylst Lead will provide leadership for a team of business analysts in support of GMAD application development and production support as well as maintaining strong third-party software vendor relations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of GMAD Business Analysts - both NYL and third-party software vendors with overall responsibility for the following:
- Engage and interact with business stakeholders and subject matter experts, product owners through interviews, analysis and design sessions, process workshops, detailed business requirements, process workflows and use cases
- Accountable and responsible for creating and facilitating the cross-team review and approval of, and maintaining on an ongoing basis the overall strategies, plans and budgeting that will drive and govern the execution of a specific program, project or initiative.
- Project managing for duration of project acting as a conduit between the business and solution delivery team as it relates to a successful implementation relating to timing and budgeting.
- Provide recommendations on potential opportunities for further enhancements and present to business stakeholders and senior management.
- Identify and recommend appropriate solutions (applications/workflow enhancements) related to senior management strategic initiatives.
- Management of software vendors in support of GMAD Claims, Underwriting, and other applications by
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting on customer satisfaction and vendor performance and recommending continuous improvement strategies
- Monitoring and report on the performance of vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations (SLA's and pricing) and performance metrics
- Managing regular senior level collaborative meetings between vendor and business, to ensure key metrics are met across all KPIs to ensure effective performance management
- Management of GMAD Systems Consulting, Licensing and other expenses
- Gather & summarize vendor estimates for system enhancements and provide VP of technology budget needs by application.
- Maintain and report monthly GMAD Systems budget to actual expense results for the VP of GMAD Technology.
- Review, reconcile and process for payment GMAD Systems vendor invoices
- Directly supervises, coaches, and mentors staff who are involved in all aspects of project Life Cycle including
- Responsibility for detailing business requirements, test plans and all phases of project life cycle from initiation to execution.
- Recording, researching and coordinating the resolution of production issues utilizing Practi-test issue tracking system.
- Working with BA Lead to ensure effective planning and implementation of scheduled releases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Significant leadership experience working with and managing various teams both within and outside the organization on various initiatives.
- 8-10 years' experience of relevant business analysis experience required
- 5+ years of management or leadership experience required
- A financial background and general knowledge of Life and Health products, where technology is mission-critical to the company's products
- Significant leadership, change management, and relationship building skills
- Experience with building and managing project plans
- Ability to build partnerships with senior leaders within IT, business areas and third-party software vendors.
- Strong thought leadership, management, communication, and influencing skills
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and the software development lifecycle
- Ability to work with business stakeholders, program/project managers, architects, service integrators and developers to understand proposed implementation to design optimal testing goals and requirements
- Ability to contextualize testing strategy and application support & maintenance operations within broader business needs
- A working knowledge of the QA review and testing process
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 83507