CYBER SECURITY ANALYST - THREAT EMULATION (JBSA-21-0344-W):
Bowhead seeks a Cyber Security Analyst - Threat Emulation to support the AFCERT DCO HAC contract in San Antonio, TX.
The ability of the AFCERT to complete its mission is dependent upon the ability to develop methods to identify, contain, log and analyze security vulnerabilities/holes on Air Force systems CTE&A analyst contractor employees may be required to provide 24 hour coverage (work) for seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year with zero tolerance for error.
• Conduct both automated and manual enterprise vulnerability assessments, including conducting regular patch & configuration vulnerability assessments as directed by operational flight leads.
• Conduct Cyber Threat Emulation operations, and coordinate with security teams to strengthen the overall security posture of the AFNet and AFIN various tools and capabilities.
• Test for real-time security vulnerabilities, conduct assessments, and assess vulnerability risk and impact.
• Continuously develop and maintain safe and valid procedures to actively test Enterprise defensive measures.
• Develop mitigations, policies, and procedures to coordinate with internal teams.
• Work with incident response team to develop response policies and procedures.
• Generate threat intelligence indicators during the course of Cyber Threat Emulation operations and provide reports back to operators.
• Coordinate with internal and external intelligence teams in order to replicate threat actor (TA) Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures (TTPs).
• Research & Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities to assist in the prioritization of remediation actions.
• Utilize knowledge and understanding of the Cyber Threat Framework (ODNI) and production of Threat Emulation findings.
• Utilize the MITRE ATT&CK framework to perform cyber security operations testing, and develop improvements based upon adversary behavior.
• Formulate, lead and persuade individuals, large teams and communities on ideas, concepts, and opportunities.
• Leverage research, frameworks, and best practices on the latest exploits and security trends and currency on industry trends and provide operational reports/assessments for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures.
• Provide OJT to other contractor employees, military, and/or civilian personnel, and ensure continuity folders/working aids are updated at least once per quarter in order to ensure efficient transition when personnel rotate.
• Create, document, and report metrics for analysis to improve weapon system processes and mission execution.
• Provide information to operational leaderships tasking as required as it relates to CTE actions
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Five (5) years of penetration testing experience. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of cyber security operations with master of two or more of the following: attack surface management, Security Operations Center (SOC) operations, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) use, threats (including Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), insider), vulnerabilities, and exploits; incident response, investigations and remediation. Experience with PowerShell, BASH or Python scripting/programming language. Must have a strong understanding of Linux Operating System. Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity community (e.g., Open Source projects)
• BA/BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree preferred
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Computer Forensics Analyst activities required to meet mission requirements
• Must be able to travel on short notice
• IAT Level III CND compliance.
• GDAT and OSCP or GPEN.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-SW1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)