CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (BCSS-21-0140-W)
Bowhead seeks a Cybersecurity Specialist to support the upcoming Cybersecurity Information Technology contract located in Charleston, SC and Norfolk, VA. This contract is tasked with cybersecurity, systems security engineering, technical, and management support services to various program offices. Specifically, this support will encompass Risk Management Framework tasks, engineering activities, and recommendations for technical support for multiple projects and programs.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform tasks to ensure Navy applications, systems, and networks satisfy Federal/DoD/DON/Navy cybersecurity requirements.
• Assist in providing restoration of information systems by incorporating protection, detection, and reaction capabilities.
• Assist in developing solutions for access control and information protection where necessary, and develop and manage system security plans (SSPs).
• Assist in providing architecture support through interfacing and coordinating with developers/engineers on secure design and code review, security requirements, SDLC integration, and penetration testing with real-time security feedback.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, engineering, or other relevant Technical discipline is highly preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Minimum two years' (2) experience in support of the prevention of damage to, protection of, and restoration or computers, electronic communications systems, electronic communications services, wire communication, and electronic communication to ensure data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and nonrepudiation; support to include: design secure systems, write secure computer code, and create the tools needed to prevent, detect, mitigate, and reconstitute information systems.
• 8670.1 IAT I Certification is required (A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP).
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to apply:
#LI-KC1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)