NIC Inc.’s Research and Development Team is currently seeking applicants to serve as Senior Manager of Product Development for our Healthcare product team.
Acquired by Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) on April 21, 2021, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connected more transparently with their constituents and with each other.SUMMARY
The Senior Manager of Product Development is responsible for developing and delivering multiple products in NIC’s Healthcare vertical. The role is accountable for designing, building, and enhancing the product, as well as supporting technical operations, and customer implementations. The role works with NIC business unit leadership to understand business outcomes, and works closely with software developers, product management, architects, and internal / external technology providers to deliver products that exceed customer expectations. Our preferred location for this role is Olathe KS. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Lead teams of software developers, architects, business analysts, and QA testers to deliver great products
- Implement product roadmaps and technology roadmaps to deliver customer value and maintain technology excellence
- People management responsibilities including hiring, annual performance reviews and career development
- Meet all required aspects of product security, documentation, and product SLAs while developing to schedules with high quality
- Work with the cross-functional NIC teams to plan and deliver work, including issue management, joint planning, product support, and product implementations.
- Participate in stakeholder management, customer calls, and sales / business development as needed
- Create and communicate project goals and plans, including regular progress and status reports.
- Develop an annual strategy to develop and enhance the product(s), including product and technology initiatives, budgeting, and participating in annual planning processes
- Set high expectations for continuous improvement of the technologies, product, and team performance
- Work with architects to understand impact of new technologies and the technology roadmap
- Demonstrate leadership – strong communication, leadership, mentoring, coaching and performance management skills
- Advocate for, and conduct themselves in alignment with, NIC / Tyler Technologies’ values of Accountability, Integrity, Focus, Inclusion, Community and Growth
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related scientific, technical or business discipline
- Minimum of five years job related experience
- Strong experience with methodologies including Agile Scrum and Kanban
- Hands on experience using PM Tools to manage project execution (i.e. Azure DevOps, JIRA, Confluence)
- Hands-on experience with .NET, Angular, Power BI, SMART on FHIR apps, and cloud-native products deployed in Azure is a plus
- Development experience with CI/CD pipelines, various IDEs, and cloud architectures
- Load and performance testing, product code optimization, software architecture, and microservices is a plus
- Quality Assurance experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with the Healthcare domain such as prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs), digital government, and eCommerce domain is a plus
- Experience delivering business value through technology, and motivated by customer experience
- Experience performing risk and issue management including strategies related to identifying risks, tracking, and mitigating risks.
- Self-starter who works well setting direction and balancing various internal and external factors
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement