Location: NYC or Pittsburgh
Duration: 12 months CTH
Role: System Engineer
Considered a specialist in a specific systems area or generalist in multiple system areas and recognized in their business unit. Significant domain knowledge of department products and systems. Serve as a system architect to plan, capture and manage requirements, analyze, design, test and document systems of moderate complexity and may lead system integration. Recommend new tools and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in systems development processes. Decisions may have significant impact on cost, schedule, and technical performance. Act as a mentor to engineers in additional areas including domain knowledge and lessons learned. Lead preparation of proposals and presentations. Estimate, track, and report project costs and schedules while managing scope & risk. May lead cross-functional / domain teams in a Project Engineering role. Provide input to technical & product roadmaps. Bachelor's Degree in applicable engineering or science field or six years related exempt experience plus eight years related exempt experience. Analysis - Seeks support and input from key team members before the start of an in-depth analysis of a problem. Cooperation - Fosters teamwork across the company, always acting the with best interests of the company in mind. Coordinating - Exerts consistent effort to ensure that all necessary information is supported internally and externally. Customer Service Orientation - Provides superior customer experiences, while building long-term relationships and demonstrating a passion towards customer commitments. Dependability - Exerts consistent effort to provide quality results that are focused on the bottom-line. Judgment - Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high pressured situations. Relationships - Displays sensitivity and awareness of how his/her actions affect customers and coworkers. Speaking - Speaks clearly and comfortably in both planned and impromptu situations.
• Will this be temp to perm? YES
• How many years of experience are you looking for? 8-10
• Is financial experience a must? NO but preferred. Any type of transactional processing experience is helpful.
• Degree required/type? BS – Comp Science related field, engineering, any STEM as long as other computer experience
• Will position be a remote start or onsite? Remote Start but then on site 2-3 days/week but open for discussion. Perfect candidate that is not in an ideal location to come to an office might still work.
• What are the top 3 skills that you’ll be looking for on a resume? Infrastructure/Provisioning process knowledge, SDLC, Architecture and Design, Infrastructure Modernization - AppEngine migrations, Messaging (MQ, Kafka), DB technologies
UPDATE: HM willing to consider candidates with strong cloud/application infrastructure experience. Will lax on the AppEngine and messaging requirement if needed
Supplier Call Notes:
• Treasury Services Systems for global payments processing.
• Infrastructure monitorization (brownfield over to greenfield, continuing end of life journey, upgrades to infrastructure).
• Multiple large-scale initiatives. Ex. replacing all mainframe batch processes with new technologies.
• One resource will be more of business process PM oversight on infrastructure, other hands-on with design and architecture.
• Experience with transactional based systems.
• Cloud experience.
• Understanding of Database technologies and messaging technologies.
• Ideal person is someone who likes taking things apart and seeing how it works. Not concerned about building it from the beginning. Seeking to take apart existing and figure out how to make it better. Will not have access rights to put hands on keyboard and do actual work.
• Open to learning new technologies. Generalist or passion to be flexible.