Advisor Services Technology (AST) group within Schwab Technology Services (STS) is responsible for the applications, services, platforms and technologies required to deliver a suite of products, including Schwab Advisor Center, Schwab Advisor Portfolio Connect, Schwab Intelligent Integration and variety of key capabilities and tools to Registered Investment Advisors (RIA's). AS Gateway services team is part of the AST group and provides REST APIs with wide ranging integrations for vendor partners and advisory firms to directly support advisor's business success.
Advisor Services Technology is looking for a senior SDET Engineer to work on AS Gateway services team . This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. Our engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology. What you are good at
- Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to define strategy and scope of software requirements (decompose stories, design features, and prioritize task
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Above all else you're an engineer and a tester (Data REST API Services). You solve problems through automation. You're curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the platform.
What you have
- Support multiple agile product teams to craft test automation strategies and execution
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams through script automation for web services, APIs, middleware, etc. Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous test automation
- Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation and maintenance of automation scripts through various programming languages supported by the firm.
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical guidance and work closely with offshore QA Automation teams to create agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab's SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems
- Mentor peers and staff on test engineering for QA, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
- Have experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years of strong, demonstrable experience working as software developer or SDET using C# or Java programming language
- Good understanding of investment/trading life cycle and be familiar with compliance use cases and data requirements to support the lifecycle
- 3-5 years of experience testing Web applications (test case creation and execution)
- An understanding and ability to develop code in Java. Strong experience in RESTful API testing is required. Strong experience with XML, Databases and SQL.
- Experience with test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium
- Practical knowledge and use of Design Patterns (Strategy, Factory, Singleton etc)
- Experience using 'git' as source control system (cherry-pick, merge conflict resolution should be second nature to you)
- Experience working in CI/CD environment.
- Familiarity with OpenAPI specifications and contract-first testing practices
- Experience working with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber, Cucumber-jvm, Cucumber-js, SpecFlow, Serenity
- Comfort with the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr Tests)
- Experience mentoring junior level engineers a strong plus
Why work for us?
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.) domain is a plus
- Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/GIT etc.) is preferred
- Experience testing applications running on Cloud environment is a plus.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.