You might be perfect for Robert Half Technology's Desktop Support Technician role if you have a flair for clearly breaking down and explaining convoluted technical information in a way that is easily understood by non-technical users. This is a position you will thrive in, if you are a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for working in an innovative environment. Located in the Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, area, this Desktop Support Analyst role is long-term temporary-to-full-time in nature.
As part of End User Support within IT Support Services, The Technical Services Analyst role is to provide 2nd level IT support. This would include resolving support requests, as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
• Answers and responds to inbound calls, emails, or chats using documented procedures, available tools and supplied script(s) to assess customer's technical support needs and handle/route accordingly to the satisfaction of the customer
• Verifies all contact information
• Creates/Updates/Resolves incidents or service requests within supplied IT Service Management System
• Documents problem definition
• Documents and logs all contacts and actions into tickets per specified guidelines
• Files appropriate data (soft and hard copies)
• Provides direction to customers promoting online self-service and web based solutions
• Creates temporary "work-around" for immediate customer issues when appropriate
• Serves as escalation point for computer related service center requests
• Maintains and deploys computer images
• Create and maintain hardware and software test scripts
• Works with IT procurement to purchase hardware and software
• Work with vendors to resolve technical issues
• Provides software and system troubleshooting, maintenance, support and resolve remotely, over the phone or at desk side
• Installs, upgrades and configures applications, software and related hardware (such as desktops, laptops, tablets, related peripherals such as printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing and software such as Windows OS and Office)
• Provides technical support and training to end-users and internal IT analysts
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology and recommends future growth hardware and software specifications
• Prepares activity reports as requested by management
• Communicates recurring issues to management
• Remains knowledgeable of performance requirements and IT service offerings
• Adheres to service level agreements with customers and business partners
• Achieves specified performance goals
• Travel to off-site programs up to 60-75% of the time
• Participates in special projects as required
• Additional responsibilities as required
For immediate consideration please email email@example.com Requirements
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedure manuals
- Experience with Desktop Support
- Hardware & software installation experience
- Foundational knowledge in Deskside Support
- Hardware and Software experience required
- Customer Support experience
- Desktop support or related experience
For immediate consideration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.