The primary responsibility of the Data Engineer is to create and support data centric solutions, providing business value from corporate data assets. The Data Engineer is expected to maintain expertise across an application technology stack (Microsoft SQL Server BI) as well as a technology domain (BI/DW and Data Analytics) and have the ability to embrace and leverage new technologies while working effectively with other information technology professionals and business users to ensure that the data solutions are stable, efficient and responsive to business needs.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Resort's policies, practices, and procedures.
#diceEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build, deliver and support Data Warehouse and ETL structures and solutions
- Act as an internal consultant, providing architecture, vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving for the assigned project(s), as well as a Subject Matter Expertise for data and analytic users.
- Provide L3 application and on-call support for data and integration solutions.
- Participate and at times lead project teams within an agile environment.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives concurrently, including application and on call support, minor projects, major projects, functional requirements, systems specifications and subject matter expertise.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation for delivered solutions and processes, integrating documentation with corporate knowledgebase.
Company Standards of Conduct
- In partnership with the Product Management team, provide subject matter expertise for determining business requirements to address business opportunities or issues across business functions for data centric solutions.
- Maintain familiarity with technological trends and innovations in the data warehousing and data management domains.
- Interpret and satisfy business needs by building and enhancing systems to transform, cleanse and provision corporate data assets in a governed, secure and high performance manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for data and analytics.
- Participate in the ongoing Data Management maturation process.
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance including on-call availability on a rotational basis is an essential function of this job.
All The Venetian Resort Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company's standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.Minimum Qualifications:
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Nevada Gaming Control Board Registration and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- 4 years ETL experience using SQL Server SSIS 2008r2-2014.
- 5 years with T-SQL programming.
- Must understand Relational and Dimensional database modeling.
- Must exhibit a high level of mastery of the Microsoft BI Stack, including: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint, PowerPivot, etc.
- Should be experienced in automated file handling with ETL tools via FTP and other means.
- Should have administrative experience with SQL Server 2008-2012.
- Prefer experience with Java or .NET development; C#, ASP.NET, scripting languages, and web site operations is a plus
Must be able to:
- Prefer experience with key concepts of Data Management such as Data Quality and MDM.
- Experience with Data Preparation for Data Science a plus.
- Experience with Big Data, Advanced Analytic techniques and Real Time data a plus .
- Must be willing and capable of adopting new technologies and paradigms such as Big Data technologies (Hadoop, hive, etc.), event based analytics, etc.
- Experience with analytic tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, SAS, Cognos a plus.
- Prefer TFS and Agile experience (SCRUM).
- Prefer gaming and hospitality experience.
- Must be able to adhere to SOPs and methodologies, and be willing to improve them when necessary.
- Good working knowledge of Windows/Enterprise Systems/Networking/Enterprise Security.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel .
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.