ALTEK Information Technology, Inc. Division of DISYS is currently recruiting for:
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 Months +
**PHONE AND IN-PERSON INTERVIEW REQUIRED**
We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support the Systems Monitoring initiatives.
Responsible for software tool administration for system and application monitoring tools with the company’s implementation of APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tool AppDynamics and Nagios tool. Responsible for maintenance of Hewlett Packard’s (HP and now Microfocus) Business Service Management (BSM) suite of software tools, SiteScope, Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB), HP Diagnostics and Business Process Monitor (BPM) and Dynatrace RUM (Real User Monitor) tool. These tools are used to monitor applications and business transactions that impact the business and customers, currently. AppDynamics tool is going to replace some of these tools, as part of AppD rollout. Responsibilities include script writing, installing, managing, and maintaining the monitoring tools, as needed, as well as integration with other tools and collaboration with other groups and their tools. Tasks:
• Manages, configures and maintains the AppDynamics APM tool on Linux platform, with high availability and self-monitoring scripts.
• Responsible for Applications’ BTs (Business Transactions) refinement in AppD, set up health rules and fine tune monitoring in AppD.
• Setup EUM (End User Monitoring) component of AppD for applications.
• Manages, configures and maintains the Nagios tool.
• Responsible for researching, developing and implementing systems monitoring methods and procedures to improve detection and avoidance of issues in production.
• Provides support to all significant production issues. Activities may include gathering information from a wide variety of sources across all platforms to analyze for correlations, identifying specific performance causes, recommending a variety of possible solutions to remedy issue and issue reports with key findings and next steps.
• Manages, configures and maintains the BSM suite of software tools, BPM, vuGen, RUM, SiteScope, uCMDB, and HP Diagnostics.
• Works with uCMDB for upgrades, running discovery and remediation techniques as other BSM tools might be replaced by AppDynamics.
• Creating VuGen scripts to monitor business transactions.
• Development of BSM dashboards, SLA Reports and custom end-user reports.
• Creates documentation to support the management and maintenance of AppD and BSM tools.
• Provides training on tools and the associated processes and procedures.
• Analyzes tool data and usage. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detailed status reports regarding potential problems and concerns.
• Works with Systems and Application Architecture to ensure that systems monitoring requirements are addressed early in the development process. Coordinates with project teams to ensure that monitoring of new applications is available before release for production.
• Assists in reviewing and analyzing business & system requirements and specifications for systems monitoring tool protocols and future tool usage. Competencies:
1. Effective organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communications skills and Hands on technical experience
2. Self-motivated, adaptable to change, forward-thinking
3. Must be able to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving.
4. Enthusiasm to engage in continuous learning, internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
5. Strong technical skills and ability to work proactively
6. Comfortable working under Project Manager supervision
Specific Required Skills:
• 5-8 years strong IT experience and good working knowledge of a variety of technology platforms in a distributed environment including: Microsoft systems (e.g. Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint), Linux/Unix, VMWare, SQL Server, database architectures, TCP/IP, VPNs, Mainframe, LAN/WAN technologies and architectures
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience installing, integrating, managing and maintaining monitoring tools like AppDynamics, z/APM, Nagios, Micro Focus (old HP) Business Service Management (BSM), Business Process Monitor (BPM) and Real User Monitor (RUM) tool administration and support.
• Experience writing VuGen, shell, perl, WMI or VBS scripts
• Experience with SSL certs, encryption methods on Linux
• Experience in developing and implementing systems monitoring and alerting strategies in diverse, large-scale environments
• Experience developing and documenting processes, procedures, and policies for tool usage and integration
• Author tool maintenance and training documentation as well as support requests for training on tool usage
• Knowledge and experience with configuring alerts, dashboards and ad-hoc reports
• Strong understanding of service level management (SLAs, SLRs, etc)
• Determine and document tool backup and recovery procedures
• Experience with data management tools and databases (e.g., DB2, SQL -familiarity desired)
• Experience with WebSphere administration is desired.
• Experience in systems and Java applications performance tuning and optimization
• Understanding and experience with both waterfall and agile Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field (i.e., Engineering, Applied Science, Math, etc.) or equivalent experience
***For immediate consideration PLEASE send all resumes to the recruiter listed below with (19-00368) in the subject line of your email.
Recruiter: Dileta Sapokaite