TRAINING SPECIALIST - SENIOR (JBSA-21-1119-W):
Bowhead seeks a Training Specialist - Senior with knowledge of related systems and mission knowledge to join our Training and Instructional team supporting the AFCERT DCO HAC contract in San Antonio, TX. Specifically in search of talent with advanced teaching techniques and technical knowledge of the following: extensive IDS/IPS systems knowledge currently used by the Government. Advanced knowledge of IP addressing and domain name service; network components; Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/User Datagram Protocol (UDP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP); that understands the network Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model. Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity community (e.g., Open Source projects). Extensive knowledge of CLOUD, SOAR, SCRUM, JRSS, JMS, DCO, and HUNT. Advanced and demonstrable understanding of all mission functions.
• Ensure the development, maintenance and delivery of all training requirements for the AFCERT.
• Provide technical and detailed training to operators as it relates to DCO TTPs, and detailed use of capabilities. This includes timely tactical training.
• Aide in the development of Scenarios, OJT, CT, UT, Monthly Malware Events, etc. and provide simulation or range, development for these events.
• Develop, document, maintain, and provide mission training, positional training, and curriculum development and maintenance as required (hardware, software, TTPs, process improvements).
• Develop and maintain DCO and Weapon System positional Job Qualification Standard (JQS) documents, the Master Training Plan (MTP), the Master Task List (MTL) and the Master Training Task List (MTTL).
• Develop, document, and instruct realistic operator training scenarios.
• Update/maintain/instruct in-house operator OJT and OJT handbooks.
• Generate complete scenarios incorporating each crew position to simulate crisis situations.
• Evaluate, document, and highlight training deficiencies for incorporation into continuation training scenarios.
• Create evaluation and assessment capabilities measuring training proficiency.
• Develop and instruct differential training to assure crewmember compliance with operational changes.
• Administer mock evaluations and scheduling via Patriot Excaliber (ePex).
• Create training tools, exercises and scenarios incorporating approved tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) and crew risk management (CRM) behaviors, designed to increase mission efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop and implement exercises and scenarios to measure, evaluate and improve crew performance.
• Perform updates and enhancement of training scenarios to maintain relevance to current operations at least once per quarter.
• Assist Test and Evaluation teams with current and future operational platform upgrades for the purpose of acquiring the Subject Matter Expertise (SME) necessary for training crewmembers.
• Provide course material support in the form of development and subject matter expertise for ACD and DCO operations.
• Coordinate/schedule training environments and requirements with external and internal entities identified by the government
• Acquire and maintain proficiency and subject matter expertise on each of the crewmember positions relevant to the ACD and IP platforms.
• Accomplish a training needs assessment to determine training shortfalls, to include, the requirement for additional courseware development, staff personnel skill sets and facility configuration.
• Prepare and present training materials for course instruction, practical exercises, final exams, and course critiques.
• Prepare and present an end-of-course report to the AFCERT/DOT, COR, and/or DD staff after the conclusion of each course.
• Maintain currency in crew operations and on the operational ACD platform through the attainment and maintenance of ACD crew position certifications.
• Use crew operations expertise to incorporate the operators into the crew construct.
• Use curriculum development and communications environment expertise to develop and refine operational scenarios that enhance crewmember proficiency.
• Use knowledge and expertise to configure and maintain the weapon system and training simulator as required.
• Be trained IAW with Air Force Instructions, guidance memorandum and regulations for all mission functions before training other personnel.
• Maintain certification and proficiency for conducting Mission Qualification Training in accordance with Squadron and Higher Headquarters guidance, instructions, regulations and SOPs.
• Develop and ensure the execution of Monthly Malware Events.
• Develop, and provide both orally and written training on the Mitre ATT&CK Matrix monthly and ensure personnel within the unit receive training.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract may be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Education: 10 years or more of experience with MA/MS degree. MA/MS degree may be substituted with an additional 12 years of experience OR with possession of a Bachelors degree and 8 additional years of experience.
• IAT Level III CND certification required.
• GCFA or GCFE certification required.
• Must be willing to work a shift schedule.
• Extensive knowledge with one or more of the IDS/IPS systems currently in use by the Department of Defense (DoD), Services, and Agencies (i.e., AF, Navy, Army, DC3, DISA) or Federal Government and intermediate experience in the following areas IP addressing and domain name service; network components; Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/User Datagram Protocol (UDP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP); and understand the network Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
• Intermediate knowledge of curriculum writing/building for the DoD and instruction.
• In-depth Knowledge of DoD or Air Force cyber operations policies and guides.
• Highly desired Familiarity with Instructional Systems Design, particularly DoD curriculum development, training, and education methodologies.
• Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity community (e.g., Open Source projects).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-JR1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)