Senior Android Developer
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
As CoStar's next Senior Android Developer, you will have a direct impact on highly visible applications that touch millions of users. You will be an integral part of an innovative and passionate team where your ideas will flourish and you will influence the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry - come help us change the way the world of commercial real estate does business!
Who you are:
Proactive & passionate mobile developer with a fluent command of the latest Java and/or Kotlin APIs. You have a knack for writing readable, maintainable code You have a track record of delivering technically ambitious projects to timely completion and don't shy away from big engineering challenges. You have an eye for detail and enjoy collaborating with UI designers , product & other teams. You're a terrific communicator who can help steer cross- functional teams from idea to implementation. Above all, you're a self-starter who thrives in autonomy and can work effectively with little oversight.
Why you should apply?
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You desire a healthy work environment where you could grow professionally and personally.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and consistency.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Bachelor's Deg
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience building consumer-facing native applications for Android, with a fluent command of the platform's native languages and core frameworks.
- W ork samples showcasing performant, neatly organized code with clean, well-implemented user interfaces.
- R Mastery of modern software development best practices, tools, and workflows.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend technical and architectural choices persuasively.
- Act as a subject matter expert in all areas of the mobile application development life-cycle.
- Participate in regular design and code reviews with development team members to confirm use of best practices
- Experience leading and/or mentoring other developers.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of mobile software development.
Bonus points if you...
- Have publicly released your own personal, self-started products or apps.
- Speak, write, and/or educate publicly about technical topics.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript is a plus
- Good to have knowledge of Node.js and Express framework
Links to apps you have built, along with a description of your role and responsibilities
Links to your StackOverflow and/or Github profile
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing