This position is for responsible for managing project delivery for mid to large and complex Enterprise projects with cross functional project teams that may be comprised of several departments, have high visibility, aggressive schedules, and require negotiation skills to balance the needs of project stakeholders.
Projects may be technical in nature and have implications and impacts associated with the enterprise wide systems/system applications, network, and telecommunication/product devices.
Projects may be multi-tiered comprising several smaller projects that span multiple years; larger budget & business impacts
This position will manage work utilizing standard project management methodologies, processes/procedures projects have clear start/end dates; specific manpower resource allocations; budgets and are clearly identified as a "project" by the business. RESPONSIBILITIES
* Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
* Is accountable for and drives project status reporting and meetings as communication and management tools. Effectively uses communications to ensure project health, transparency to risk and to maintain a strong project team sense of respect and trust. Implements project delivery process improvements and serves as change agent/champion.
* Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects within a program and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios.
* Drives the program strategy and aligns it with the program business goals. Defines and establishes the overall program structure, including the definition and scope of all sub-projects, program support activities, and organizational structure. Establishes the tools and processes to track and report on the program health and progress towards program goals. Adjusts resources and organizational structure as the focus and goals of the program change to ensure efficient delivery of results.
* Defines scope of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift and impact.
* Sets stakeholder and program team expectations and ensures that the deliverables are aligned with program business goals. Able to broker consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs. Establishes the program KPI measurements and quality control points and aligns reporting to track progress against the measurements. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues through validation. Develops a formal program change board that assesses and approves/denies all changes to scope, schedule, and quality.
* Continually invests in stakeholder management and builds stakeholder trust; anticipates and resolves resourcing issues.
* Established expert in his/her business area: able to influence project scope and product experience quality, motivate team members and effectively delegate. * Coaches project team members and peers on project management topics. * Identifies uncommon risks to proactively alter project plan to improve project success probability * Influences project execution approach to deliver under tight timelines while minimizing risk to customer experience and product quality QUALIFICATIONS
5 - 8 yrs. minimum of formal project management work experience
* Project Management certification required (If lacking project management certification, candidates must possess a minimum of 10-12+ years PM experience)
* Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project and Visio
Solid understanding of PMI principles and practices and how to put them into practice; demonstrated ability to apply PMI principals required * Solid understanding and applied experience in multiple system development life-cycle methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all employee levels and levels of management
* Proven experience with identifying & resolving project impacting issues, works with members of the Project Management team and business SMEs/executives to develop and implement viable solutions
* Consistent experience with projects reaching broadly across the enterprise, having high risk to brand and/or business or containing 3rd party integration or management
* Must typically have a background in the project business area assigned, in order to successfully serve as a conduit between the technical functions and the business clients
* Has background in working across multiple business areas and understands typical pain points and leads the team to address them
* Background in telecom a plus
* Experience with SharePoint preferred
* High School Diploma/GED Required
* Bachelors Degree is a plus
At least 18 years of age. * Legally authorized to work in the United States.
* High School Diploma or GED.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at