Job ID: 2212026 Location:
ABERDEEN , MD , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is currently seeking to hire a Linux Systems Administrator
to support the Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES) Program for US Army located in, Aberdeen, Maryland. Note: This is a hybrid role working a combination of primarily at the office located in Aberdeen, MD with some flexibility to work remote / virtual. About the Program:
The Army Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES) Program is a software-based capability that enables the matching of unknown voice samples (collected through a variety of means) to a database of known persons of interest.
The VIBES Server provides biometric speaker identification and voice sample enrollment and matching capabilities in support of the tactical user. Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Educations:
- Manages multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs) using VMware's ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system manager
- Manages Cisco network switches including the configuration and maintenance of virtual local area networks (VLANs)
- Continually monitors and tunes system resources to achieve optimum performance, maximize system uptime, and troubleshoot system problems
- Maintains the system in accordance with the customer's IT and IA Policies and Procedures in both on premise and cloud environments
- Performs complex software installations and upgrades to the operating systems, system services, application support packages, and application updates for Linux software product deliverables
- Support to the Operations team and the customer's users to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; OR four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Linux server and workstation system administration in RHEL
- Experience in the use of Linux scripting languages as well as the development, test, use, and maintenance of scripts on Linux servers
- Experience with PostgreSQL database server and databases
- Must have an Active Top Secret and ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance; US Citizenship required.
- IAT Level II / 8570 compliance - Security+ CE
- Preferred familiarity with the following SW and applications:
- Amazon Web Services - VPC, EC2, RDS, Console
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.