Our client is seeking a full time Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS and Android) in PST (100% remote) to join their team! This role is perfect for someone with experience in Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa Touch and either Java, Kotlin or C++ experience.
The company is an LA based tech company pioneering Human Light Interaction, the next leading health and wellness practice. They are looking for a mobile application developer for their application that includes a suite of groundbreaking movile experience designed to optimize the user's "Light Diet". The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on developing successful products and prefers small, simble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams. You are well experienced, and also love to learn.
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in software development, computer science, or similar.
- Full life cycle of Mobile app development experience across iOS and Android platforms
- 6+ years of experience with designing, developing, testing applications, including 3+ years of experience building mobile applications and releasing to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple's design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Knowledge of C-based libraries.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, or C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Experience with the Android Material Design Interface Guidelines & Android app permissions
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum, Jira and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Must have experience with automated testing, both Code & UI testing
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- General understanding of mobile networking and cloud/content services
- Experience with continuous integration
- Passion for great application architecture and user-experience
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Unwavering curiosity.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build beautiful and highly functional Mobile Applications - first launch IOS with quick follow on to Android
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Strong participant in Sprint Planning - refine and clarify user requirements into Epics and Stories, accurately estimate Story Points and team Velocity, and execute plans
- Ensure quality code is delivered through high standards, continuous integration, development, and testing
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks, rectify bugs and enhance application performance
- Collaborate with internal teams to define common interfaces, and integrate with APIs from internal and external partners as needed
- Monitor the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level
- Perform unit and instrumentation tests on code
- Stay up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols. Research and keep abreast of the latest APIs and changes from Apple.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, UI/UX designers and external teams to design, build and extend application features and provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability, security protocols, analytics integration
- Drive project architecture to scale large mobile applications and enabling team efficiency
- Develop test planning, execution, and continuous releases.
- Competitive Pay: Up to $180k
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Bonus - 8-10% bonus, broken up quarterly, dependent on company performance