API Tech Lead in Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted 11/10/21 THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Base salary of $155k + 11% bonus and excellent benefits package
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- REMOTE - 100% remote for the right candidate
Responsible for managing the results of software development teams, to ensure software solutions are built according to company standards and are compliant with business requirements. Reviews and evaluates the performance of the development teams and of the individuals on the teams. Ultimately accountable for project deliverables, budgets, schedules, and quality. Serves as the primary interface with IT and business partners on software development projects. This position will report to a Director of Software Development and may have responsibility for directly managing one or more development resources:
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- Liaison between product, architecture, and development team members.
- Works directly with product owners to ensure stories contain the right balance of technical direction, best practices, and level of detail.
- Coordinates projects with Engineering and Operations team to reduce impact on application development teams, including build-out of new development environments.
- Drives continuous improvement through coaching, pair programming, code review processes, and round table discussions.
- Instills strong focus and best practices for creation and maintenance of high-quality deliverables.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and other development teams.
- Reviews resumes, conducts phone screens, facilitates on site interviews, and assists with the integration of new hires into their tech stack and team.
- Meets with direct reports regularly to provide and seek feedback.
- Sets expectations, and provides guidance as needed.
- Manages time off requests and related schedule coordination.
- 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline preferred.
- Ability to supervise staff and make personnel decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple complex software development projects.
- Ability to articulate the company's business requirements and objectives and translate those into software development solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate software development issues and recommendations to senior level management within and outside of IT.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development.