Big Data Solution Architect (Job Number:
2113220 ) What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Senior Software Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing enterprise level big data systems and making enterprise wide technology recommendations. You will work with a team of industry experts to create reference architecture, and roadmap for various big data and integration technologies. You will create and formalize direction for Penske's streaming platform, data pipelines, and data services. You will also lead the architecture for IoT solutions, streaming data as a service, micro-services architecture, Event and Domain Based Design, and API Gateways. Overall, you will be responsible for managing a diverse range of projects across cutting edge technologies developing innovative solutions.
This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. Penske Responsibilities:
- Design and implement enterprise level application systems and make enterprise wide technology recommendations
- Promote compliance to application architecture standard/principles and frameworks
- Assist in creating and maintaining reference architectures and roadmaps for the digital technology deployment
- Actively participate in the digital technologies governance process and support digital technology deployment projects as necessary
- Support GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of digital technologies
- Research and analyze third party software solutions, and make recommendations to use third party software or develop solution in-house
- Use various tools and techniques to troubleshoot / debug application and software issues and be a significant contributor during production Triage calls
- Proactively identify and address application architecture strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations
- Work closely with the Architecture team to assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members
- Lead/Assist Application Development Leads, associates, and contractors to understand software development frameworks, best practices, and architecture patterns
- Act as a stakeholder in Design and Deploy Tollgate reviews
- Conduct new hire technical interviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or Information Systems or equivalent development experience.
- 10 years of diverse experience/knowledge of appropriate programming languages, frameworks, application architecture and enterprise design patterns
- 2 years of technical project leadership experience
- Expertise in technologies, frameworks and architecture like Java, Python, Spring, Kafka, Spring Cloud Streams, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, containers, microservices, REST API's, CI/CD etc.
- Experience in architecting Web Applications using microservices and RESTful services
- Proficient in software engineering, application architecture and enterprise architecture (on-prem/cloud)
- Awareness of data security and privacy technologies and processes
- Understanding of key digital technology trends and vendor landscape
- Experience building and supporting mission critical business applications
- Demonstrated expertise in application development life cycles/methodologies
- Ability to mentor diverse teams and effectively communicate with IT and business leader
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE Work Locations
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609 Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Tampa Job
: Information Technology Penske (Oracle) Job Name:
: PTL.Senior Software Architect Req ID: