GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Technology Support Specalist I
in the Mechanicsburg, PA
area. Position Overview
The Technology Support Specialists' primary responsibility is to maintain and support computers, peripherals, and networks on a building level and district basis The Technology Support Specialists are directly responsible to the Technology Operations Manager. Responsibilities
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
- Installs, assembles, configures and inventories computers, monitors, network infrastructure such as switches, access points and servers and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
- Pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and software.
- Operates, troubleshoots and installs sound system and audio-visual equipment.
- Maintains and configures district phone and voice-mail systems.
- Uses initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures.
- Assists end-users with technology needs and inquiries.
- Monitors the use of resources and supplies available to the Technology Department.
- Organizes the inventory, storage, handling and assignment of computer hardware, software and peripherals related to assigned buildings.
- College/Technical School and/or 3 years minimum experience (entry level) as a specialist in a computer network environment.
Previous experience with supporting computer users.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
What We Do:
- Knowledge of client/server network (Novell and NT formats).
- Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Must have ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be adaptable and flexible enough to adjust to changing conditions.
- Willingness to cooperate and work as part of a team.
- Ability to be a self-starter and self-motivating.
- Practices good safety awareness and procedures.
- Helps to maintain safe, physical environment.
- Helps to maintain the minimal records needed to fulfill school and regulatory requirements.
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.#DICEVisit our Career Center for the latest employment opportunities.
© Global Data Consultants, PA USA