Longeviti LLC is searching for a Network & Computer Forensics Examiner. Longeviti is a government contractor specializing in providing professional support services in fields of information technology, program management, agency administration, intelligence analysis, language translation, culture immersion, and serving as opposing forces/role players. We are a certified 8(a) and small disadvantaged business that excels in the market having earned our status as an ISO 9001 certified provider of services and are rated as CMMI Level 3 in both Development and Services. Quality and continuous improvement are basic tenets of the organization and giving our staff the tools to make it happen are a trademark. Customer satisfaction is paramount.
Longeviti seeks a Network & Computer Forensics Examiner to provide mission support for The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS). This position will provide detailed forensic examinations for NCIS cases when computers or other digital media are instruments of crime, DoN computer networks are victims, or when computers or other digital media is used to store data of evidentiary or intelligence value. Additionally, serve as SME and testify in court proceedings, test new network-based investigative tools and network monitoring technologies, and provide informal on-the-job training to government staff as needed.
- Must have an active TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct complex and high-profile, non-destructive evaluations of target computer systems to determine operating and file systems, stored information, user and program logs, ownership, and access methodology, as well as security features and usage
- Provide detailed forensic examinations for NCIS cases
- Document artifacts and deliverables according to standardized formats and approved templates created through collaboration with NCIS Divisions
- Follow NCIS organizational policies and procedures
- Work in a team environment to provide forensic support via active engagement with Cyber-Referent agents
- Liaison between NCIS agents in the field and NCIS analysts at NCISHQ
- Collect and preserve critical evidence from large data sets
- Conduct intrusion identification
- Write SQL queries to verify/retrieve data
- Perform log analysis in support of NCIS investigations
- Conduct forensic extraction and analysis of data and electronic evidence from seized digital media
- Analyze computer network security settings, server, system, router, firewall, intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS) logs and packet capture data
- Assist the NCIS Special Agent as a technical consultant, ensuring that the data is seized in compliance with computer forensic standards and in compliance with chain of custody guidelines
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and testify in court proceedings regarding forensic procedures utilized to acquire evidence and the description of any evidence obtained
- Analyze and test network monitoring technologies
- Test and assess new commercial and government-developed network-based investigative tools for reviewing and improving NCIS' current collection platforms
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to support the improvement and modernization of the NCIS criminal and intelligence capabilities regarding the gathering digital evidence
- Provide emergent forensic response support to internal and external surge requirements
- Configure, install, and maintain Network Intrusion Detection systems and Network Forensic Analysis Tools on locally configured networks
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Five years computer forensics experience using Guidance Software EnCase and/or AccessData Forensic Toolkit (FTK). Proficiency with AccessData FTK, Helix and other forensic tools
- Expertise with various computer operating systems to include Windows, Linux/Unix, and Macintosh OS
- Expertise with a variety of computer hardware to include servers, workstations, desktops, laptops, networking equipment, tablets, and cellphones
- Full understanding of proper forensic data collection procedures, chain of custody, and documentation procedures in a law enforcement environment
- Bachelor s degree in a computer science-related field or five years of equivalent work experience
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), DCITA DoD Digital Forensic Examiner, or FBI Computer Analysis Response Team (CART) certification
- Expertise with Cellebrite or XRY Cell phone forensics software
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to testify as an expert witness in judicial proceedings
- Proficient in information security, information assurance, information technology, and cyber defense best practices and principles
Longeviti, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ship is required for most positions.
Longeviti, LLC offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurances, and a 401(k)-retirement plan.