Project Engineer, Motors - DEWALT Cordless Outdoor Equip. Towson, MD (Onsite Opportunity)Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Project Engineer, you'll be part of our GTS team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Design Components for building prototype of power tools
- Evaluate the components through test or simulation
- Assemble the prototypes, develop test plans, and oversee testing
- Conduct structural /CFD simulation for power tools, evaluate the structural integrity and thermal performance, and provide recommendations for improvements based on the simulation results
- Work collaboratively with product teams while managing tasks and support personnel to deliver to product schedules
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience.
- Computer Literate: proficient in MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, 2D/3D CAD (CATIA preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to dissect a problem to find the root cause, design a solution and create a simulation/test method to prove out the issue really is fixed. FEA experience is preferred.
- Enjoy designing and managing prototype assembly using methods include 3D Printing and metal machining, castings and injection molding .
- Experience with product development: Design, part specification using GD&T, dimension stack-ups, DFM, root cause analysis, test instrumentation and data acquisition and analysis
- Accountable for managing the design process and owning the results
- Must have hands on Motors experience.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.