As a System Engineer II
you will be critical to the successful implementation of Cerner solutions within healthcare environments. In this role, you will be expected to take a consultative approach to an extensive change process by using relationship building skills to develop trust and rapport with clients. System Engineer II's provide system implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of Cerner's solutions and services for events. Performing daily system operations tasks to verify event readiness along with performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware/OS upgrades, and resource optimization is key to success. Implementing solutions to provide a high-quality event experience and responding to alarms in a timely manner while preventing client impact and performance degradation is also required for this job. This associate will also manage changes and project activities, and communicate with impacted stakeholders, develop, and deploy automation tools to optimize daily activities, and complete assigned incident management tasks. In addition to these duties this System Engineer II will deploy, setup, and maintain complex event environments and provide other support per service request.Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- At least 6 years total combined completed higher education and related work experience, including:
- 1 year system administration and/or system engineering work experience
- 5 years completed higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the job
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineer or related field
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Citrix
- Basic networking knowledge
- Assisting junior engineers in developing their skillsets
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs., i.e. server, network equipment
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% as needed
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As of March 31, 2022, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)