IT Application Integration Specialist
Contract to Hire Role
The IT Application Integration Specialist is a member of the Information Technology group focused on support of the E-ISAC department which develops, manages, and supports cyber and physical security information sharing and analysis for the protection of the entire North American power grid. This person will provide technical implementation and support to the application technology initiatives supporting the E-ISAC mission, as well as subject matter expertise for application integration, development, and architecture. This person will also support ongoing technology implementations being used by the E-ISAC. This role administratively reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications Architecture within our IT and is matrixed to the Director of Performance Management within the E-ISAC department. The successful candidate should be very familiar with application integration and development technologies. This position will be hands on from a solution architecture, design, development, and support perspective. Familiarity with cyber security, network monitoring, industrial control system operational technology and physical security are a positive.
Duties and Responsibilities
Application and Data Architecture
o Works with the IT team and external vendors where appropriate to engineer and architect solutions for an ecosystem of applications to support the E-ISAC mission.
o Designs application and data integration as directed in order to automate business processes, orchestrate cross-application use cases, reduce manual data exchanges and provide ease of use to internal and external clients..
o Works with the E-ISAC business department, the IT team, and external vendors where appropriate to engineer and architect master data management solutions for current and future flexibility.
o Provides logical and physical data models, data dictionaries, application integration patterns, and inter-application work flows.
- Application Integration
- Design, configure and implement application integrations between systems including Content Management Systems (CMS), Web Portal, Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), ticketing / case management systems, Threat Intelligence Platforms (TIP), external data feeds, automated information sharing systems, and Data Warehouses, Data Lakes.
o Proactively identify and act on opportunities for integration process improvements.
- Supports integrations and evaluation of future integrations as needed.
- Application Development & Support
- Works with the IT team and external vendors where appropriate to develop applications and application enhancements as identified within E-ISAC platform initiatives.
- Supports troubleshooting application and application enhancements to resolution as needed.
- Documents and unit tests application code and configurations and physical data structures (database, indices, file formats, API structures, etc.)
- Works with the Quality Assurance, IT, and E-ISAC Teams as needed to ensure testing scenarios are traceable to requirements.
- Participates in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing by providing feedback and resolving identified defects in a timely manner as required during project development and subsequent software patches and releases.
- Performs smoke testing following software deployments to verify base functionality.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum six additional years of prior relevant work experience; eight or more preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in integration of applications (directly or through middleware), integration of datasets in disparate applications, development of applications, development of holistic technology architectures with business units to include master data management and application architecture plans, automation of business processes, development of software requirements and specifications, evaluation of software usability, participating in quality assurance teams, and developing and executing test plans.
- Strong skills in API development, Extract Transform and Load (ETL) or equivalent development, data storage technologies, SQL DBMS, NOSQL, Web Services experience (REST and/or SOAP), Python and the Elastic Stack (ELK).
- Experience with XML, JSON, CSV and other prevalent data exchange formats.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, software security best practices, application function points, and data management strategies
- Strong documentation skills for overall architectures, strategies, as-designed and as-built.
- Strong ability to work in a team-oriented environment, including working effectively with senior managers, project managers, testers, external vendors, and software developers. Ability to work embedded with clients in matrixed, IT change management, and waterfall / agile project management environments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, self-starting environment.
- Ability to analyze and provide application solutions for complex business needs. Ability to evaluate vendor solutions in areas of expertise to meet business needs.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
Additional desired attributes include:
- Specific experience with integrations of CRM, Web Portals & CMS, Ticketing Systems, TIP/SIEM/SOAR, Data lakes and warehouses.
- Broad understanding of technology and its application in meeting strategic objectives.
- Experience with automating business processes, tools, and approaches.
- Knowledge of the electric power industry
- Knowledge of cyber and/or physical security practices and the E-ISAC.
- Experience working within teams including Business Analysts, Project Managers, Network, Systems and Security Administrators.
Background check will be conducted prior to employment.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
10% Travel Possible: Passport required for North American travel.
- This position will be a contract position with potential for future full time hire.
Job is located in Washington, DC.