A large consumer banking company with office in Tempe is looking to bring on multiple Java software engineers as part of their payment platform modernization effort. As a senior member of this team you will be instrumental in their redesign of an antiquated monolithic architecture into robust, scalable, and performant microservices. This system is truly large scale and critical to success of the future of this organization.
In this role you will be focusing in Java microservice API development and some data layer work. They are using SpringBoot currently as a microservice framework, but what is critical are core Java skills to build APIs from the ground up, a strong QA mindset, and working knowledge of security at the application level.
This is a Full - Time role and will report to their Tempe location. They are open to remote work indefinitely. If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with in Java / J2EE
- RESTful API development
- Fundamental understanding of application security, identity/access management, single-sign-on, and authorization
- Relational databases - Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Agile methodologies
- Test Driven Development TDD - ability to develop unit and/or automation tests
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar industry - financial transaction processing, credit cards, banking, etc.
- Microservices development utilizing a common framework like SpringBoot
- NodeJS and GraphQL
- Message queuing technologies - Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.
- CI/CD technologies
- Working experience with cloud-deployed applications
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Server side / API development
- Competitive Salary: Up to 140k/yr, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months, possibility for conversion to direct hire
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) w/ Match
- Annual Bonus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Motion Recruitment provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today's highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.