Overview Our Team
Technology Services Group (TSG) leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
Technology Production Services - TPS- people and products are critical to keeping -ON- the technology platform used every day to access apps, process data and for us to communicate and collaborate in support of our clients. The Role The Role
We are seeking an IBM MQ Support Analyst. You will provide leadership and seasoned expertise within this space. This is great opportunity to be a part of next generation technology which powers BNY into the future. Our goals within the MQS team eliminate or minimize vulnerabilities, improve our operation efficiency, seek better ways to monitor and provide world class support for our MQ appliances. We do all this while maintain resiliency.
Our environment consists of Linux and Windows running IBM MQ in a distributed environment. You role will key as a part of our global support model.
You will a part of our global production support team providing on-demand as well scheduled support for our highly critical LOB. You will provide recommendations for continuous improvement which is aligned for our global technology standards. Our team consults with LOB-s both internally and outside of BNY to ensure seamless and successful customer experience.
- Must support highly critical applications
- Lead technical triage activities for Low to medium severity incidents
- Complete critical requests on demand to support and weekend coverage of our clients and application.
- Troubleshoot complex production issues, leverage partner teams and learn from Subject Matter Experts.
- Facilitate continuous improvement to increase stability, client delight and operational excellence
- Able to be successful in a matrixed structure with a globally dispersed virtual team.
- Involve in Disaster Recovery Activity.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- IBM MQ Cluster setup (Distributed Quere Management)
- Knowledge of IBM MQ on Linux
- Strong working understanding of different operating systems like Linux, Windows and Mainframe.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including management
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to research and resolve confirmation discrepancies
- Weekend support is required
- Experience with IBM MQ appliances (v8.0 or higher) - configuration, upgrade etc.
- Hands-on experience in configuring SSL.
- Hands-on experience in configuring MQIPT.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting / PERL scripting
- Knowledge on Mainframe
- MSCS Cluster
- Well-rounded networking experience
- Knowledge of security concepts of IBM MQ