Please note that this is a full time permanent position.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Business, Operations or similar.
• Professional certifications in configuration of SAP: FI/CO, PA on either ECC or S/4 HANA; and Business Objects / BI required
• Professional certifications in configuration of other SAP core modules: SD, MM, WM, PP, QM, etc. on ECC version; and SNC (Supplier Network Collaboration) desired
• Professional certifications in ABAP / Development Workbench and Sybase desired
• 15+ years total experience supporting enterprise business systems.
• 5+ years experience with SAP FI/CO, PA on either ECC or S/4 HANA
• Multiple full-cycle implementations of SAP FI/CO, PA modules
• 5+ years experience with Business Objects / BI
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• 5+ years of industry experience in high-tech manufacturing environment
• Experience in cross functional and/or project team leadership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
SAP Business Analysts are responsible for evaluating, designing and implementing SAP (Systems Applications and Products) software programs for businesses in order to help them manage such areas as inventory, sales, production and marketing. They provide analyses of enterprise resources planning, customer relationship, financial and HR management, and supply chain management practices and strategies to determine how to apply SAP software programs. They can make changes to or customize existing programs or add new programs to existing platforms.
a) Analyze Systems Requirements
1. A main responsibility of a SAP Business Analyst is to determine SAP application requirements for clients. SAP Business Analysts must analyze current needs, anticipate future needs and provide solutions for companies in integrating various business operations into one platform. This responsibility includes analyzing a company’s current practices in various areas, such as production, cost control, inventory, human resources, materials management, payroll, supply chain and other operations.
b) Design and Implement SAP Programs
1. Once they have determined a company’s need, SAP Business Analysts help the company design and implement SAP programs that will satisfy these needs. This might include adding upgrades, installing new systems or creating custom programs. They will need to be familiar with systems development applications and be able to run tests on all systems changes to ensure the successful integration of new software and programming and to make any modifications as necessary.
c) Provide Product Support and Training
1. A SAP Business Analysts will work with a company’s IT personnel to troubleshoot any problems with SAP programs and offer technical solutions. It is also typically up to SAP Business Analysts to provide training to company managers in all areas of SAP programs.
d) SAP Business Analyst Skills
1. In addition to applying strong analytical skills on a daily basis, SAP Business Analysts should display strong organizational, problem solving and leadership skills.
2. They should be detail-oriented team players who can work with IT professionals, managers and management consultants to reach a shared goal.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. In addition to these general skills, a SAP Business Analyst could be expected by potential employers to possess the following skills.
4. Understanding of various SAP modules
5. Analyzing various business operations and needs. At times, even helping business functions to articulate their needs.
6. Possessing knowledge of software testing procedures
7. Translating business solutions into systems programs
8. Writing functional specifications and preparing training materials
9. Ability to document business processes and complex technical specifications. Develop training documentation and content for software platforms. Meets with users, project leaders and management to discuss and plan guidelines and criteria for documentation of a system, program, project plan, and timelines.
10. The ability to create effective documents that are clear, succinct, accurate, and appropriately detailed.
11. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs.
12. Ability to understand the root-cause of complex problems , research and propose possible solutions both in scope of systems and other available technology. Test and identify best solution, create solution document and describe/sell chosen solution.
13. Creation of moderately complex, to complex technical design specifications from functional requirements including: system use case diagrams, data flow diagrams, system design models, pseudo code, etc. Programming knowledge is a bonus. Minimal interaction with programmer should be necessary during development.
14. Ability to manage small to medium-sized projects within their area of expertise.
15. Ability to establish project priorities and deadlines.
16. Has strong interpersonal skills that help build strong relationships with coworkers and customers. Is able to effectively resolve conflicts. Is able to train others on complex tasks and concepts. Is able to make formal presentations to others in IT and the business. Is able to constructively offer feedback and ideas for improvements in processes, systems, and areas of a technical nature.
17. May have indirect supervision over small to medium-sized project teams
18. Work closely with Business teams to assist in the definition of system requirements, influence solution design and approach, and lead prioritization of requirements for improvement across the company.
19. Understand business process management and business requirements of internal and external clients for order management systems.
20. Engage in activities to support and maintain current systems, including issue management, user acceptance testing, communication, and change management.
21. Maintain strong knowledge of industry trends, advancements in technology, and enhancements
22. Systematic updating and creation of system documentation, business process documentation, and end user documentation.
23. Benchmark current and future processes against best industry practices.
24. Develop a roadmap of projects and initiatives for enablement of new capabilities.
25. Translate business goals and objectives into strategic business capabilities.
26. Engage in efforts to establish scope and business case for new programs and initiatives.
27. Provide the methodology, standards and tools for efficient and effective program management.
28. Expertise in the business area corresponding to specific SAP modules, such as finance, sales or warehouse management
29. Familiarity with project management processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Required strong configuration experience with SAP FI/CO, PA modules (versions ECC and S/4 HANA Simplified Finance) as it integrates with SD, PP, MM, WM, QM and other core ERP modules.
o FI-General Ledger, Asset Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Special Purpose Ledger
o Integration of FI with SD and MM modules Controlling
o Cost Centre Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, COPA, Revenue Recognition
• Required experience with SAP ERP standard APIs and integrations across other SAP applications (SNC, Enterprise Product Engineering) and with 3rd party applications Agile, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), Banking, etc
• Required experience creating custom reports / dashboards on SAP ECC & S/4 HANA and Business Objects / BI
• Knowledge of ABAP / Development Workbench, Sybase and other development toolsets
• Required experience with SAP SolMan for system documentation, release management and performance monitoring; and SAP BASIS layer for security profiles
• Desired experience with implementing SAP upgrades, enhancement packs and patches
• Required experience in data cleansing and migration to new ERP systems
• Required experience in collection and documentation of detailed business requirements and translation to system requirements, as well as technical writing of release notes.
• Required experience in unit and integrated testing of solutions - preparation and execution of test cases and collection of results
• Required experience in system change management through release controls over object and development transports
• Required experience in training users in tools, processes, procedures; and preparation of training materials (e.g user guides, demos, quizzes, etc.)
• Required experience in end-user support – managing a Help-Desk ticketing system, investigation of problems and timely resolution
• Must be able to work across-organizational boundaries to identify opportunities, drive consensus and obtain resolution
• Meticulous attention to detail, organization skills and strong sense of ownership
• Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing
• Excellent presentation skills to executives and groups
• Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution time period
• Must have pragmatic approach and can put an integrated SAP solution and the various components into a business context.
• Solid and detailed understanding of SAP functionality, technology and integrations.
• Strong communication and presentation skills; can clearly communicate reasons for implementing technical solutions and demonstrate the advantages of proposed solution
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number 342.