The developer role provides software development services and technical support for critical multi-tiered applications. The role also coordinates work within a team/project and leads the technical design, development, and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. Responsibilities include requirements definition & formulation, analysis & estimation, application and data architecting, design & implementation, validation & verification, systems integration, operations support, performance analysis. Candidate must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems where analysis requires evaluation of existing state of applications and maintaining business continuity while delivering new features.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, results-oriented, visionary developer who is able to serve our clients by developing and modernizing applications. Candidate is expected to have a complete understanding of software engineering principles and execute full lifecycle software development. Candidate must conglomerate ideas from IT leads & managers, product owners and Business Analysts in software solutioning and be able to effectively communicate the design decisions made. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision, meet objectives using good judgment and techniques. Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability
- Conducts reviews of the code, test plan and release artifacts.
- Develop code using secure coding practices
- Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reusability.
- Ensure resolution of project issues and conflicting workload priorities and escalate as required.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews
- Help the tech management team shape best practices for developing, sharing, and continuously improving our software platform.
- Identify and discuss issues with the team that might be overlooked, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Collaborate closely with team members to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Ensure compliance with the firm-s delivery and regulatory standards.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- SOA / API based software development using Java (version 11 and up), Spring Boot, Microservices, REST, JSON.
- Experience with Database development using Oracle (must have) and Sybase (desirable) in Linux/Unix Platforms
- Experience in automating CI/CD pipelines on large scale container platforms using Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with unit and end to end automated test cases, JMeter based Performance/Volume Test automation
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices
- Experience with GIT source code control
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies and experience with Scrum framework.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities and a strong work ethic with the ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 0-3 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.