Piper Companies is spearheading a Professional Search for a Data Center Facilities Engineer to work with a with a global leader in domain name registry services and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the worlds most recognized domain names.
is located in Ashburn , VAThe Position
Maintenance and upkeep of Mission Critical Facility & Data Center Space, Power & Environmental Infrastructure Systems & Data Center Management.
An engineer III is a senior team member responsible for the operations, maintenance for all mission critical space, power and environmental infrastructure.
- Oversight and supervision of contractors responsible for all infrastructure systems operations & maintenance.
- Tracking and managing CAPEX projects and OPEX operating budgets:
- Systems and Equipment Procurement: Understanding equipment performance specifications and documentation for the purpose of overseeing competitive bidding.
- Responsible for all building infrastructure equipment operations, repair, lifecycle forecasting, creating and maintaining maintenance records, documentation, deficiency tracking and repair planning.
- Project participation in facility planning, design, construction, installation and upgrading of all Mission Critical buildings and facility Infrastructure.
- Data Center Management: DC Operations & Service Support: Provide logistical and engineering support for data center services, tracking and analyzing all space, power and cooling requirements for data center applications.
Critical Facility Infrastructure Engineering and management role is critical to the success of Mission Critical Facility & Data Center management operations and projects. A successful Critical Facility Engineer III is an aspiring team leader possessing and continually developing a combination of skills including leadership, project management skills, technical knowledge, communication skills, organizational skills and most importantly, sound judgment.
- Must have a working knowledge of various power and mechanical HVAC systems, 480 volt 3 phase utility power, essential diesel engine generator systems, critical UPS systems and 48 volt dc power plant system, chiller & cooling tower plants.
- Must be able to establish working relationships within and outside of the project team. Must be very effective at communication in a one -on-one fashion, as well as formal communications with large groups of people to effectively communicate project related information. Must possess outstanding written communication skills which are typically used in the development of project related documentation.
- Must have effective organizational skills.
- Must possess a level of understanding of the technology and functional details to be able to properly identify and prioritize risks and issues. Must be able to explain the technology and functionality to senior management and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Carry a cell phone, respond and dispatch to address site emergency situations on a 7 x24 hour basis.
- Review and interpret electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings, Produce and or review, interpret Method of Procedures for maintenance, installations and certification testing.
- Know and understand building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire and life safety codes and regulations.
- Must have appropriate industry knowledge and capabilities to operate and maintain data center equipment, power and environmental infrastructure systems. Must possess the willingness and physical ability to access, operate and maintain building rooftop HVAC equipment, high voltage power systems, diesel fuel containment/storage and critical power and mechanical equipment areas. Must be capable of accessing critical HVAC and Power room areas, building roofs, infrastructure equipment yards, confined spaces and areas within a computer room raised floor environment. Must physically be able to lift 60-70 lbs.
- Strong Computer Skills: (MS Word: Proficient), (Excel: Proficient), (MS Mail: Proficient), (PowerPoint: Basic), (MS VISIO or Auto CAD: Basic) & (MS Project: Proficient), experience in the use of Building Management Systems (BMS) and Energy Power Management Systems (EPMS).
- 6 - 10+ in the telecom or related industry experience, with emphasis on mission critical facility engineering maintenance, power and mechanical systems engineering & operations. Candidate must pass an enhanced background investigation.
Demonstrated leadership development and negotiation abilities are a must. Requires ability to effectively communicate and interface with internal and external personnel. Minimum Education Level Required Performing the Job
AS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Telecommunications), Technical School, equivalent job related experience. Minimum 6 -10+ year's job related experience.